? Low AMPS dosing advice

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ace & Chelsea, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Ace & Chelsea

Ace & Chelsea Member

Looking for guidance in dosing for AM injection, I stalled without food even for an hour and he’s not rising.. should I skip all together or give a small token dose ? @FrostD

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Sorry about this, not usually on during the day.

If you can monitor and have hypo kit I'd try to shoot full thing and see what happens, but test for sure at +2 to catch the beginning of possible drop.
    otherwise, I would think 2U is good, but again with monitoring

If you can't be around, 1U?

It's a little hard to pin the tail on doses because his body is doing something, so we just want to start figuring out what we can shoot when OR get to something you can shoot consistently

Ace & Chelsea likes this.
  3. Ace & Chelsea

Ace & Chelsea Member

no worries, thank you for the response!
    I had to leave for work so I only gave 0.5 and will be back for a +3 reading

FrostD likes this.
  4. Ace & Chelsea

Ace & Chelsea Member

The only thing that has changed is the fact that for a few weeks he was eating friskies pate instead of fancy feast and then two days ago we are back on fancy feast, wondering if we’re kinda resetting dosing at this point since putting him back up to 2.5 units tonight seems risky.
    I wish I would have given 1unit this morning rather than that .5 since his BG is rising

5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I'm sure he saw green overnight and is just bouncing from that. Live and learn! All data is good data.

I'm not so sure the food has much to do with it, I think you just finally hit a breakthrough dose at 2.5U and pancreas may be healing a bit.

I think 2.5U is completely fine if you can monitor. He's nearing a reduction with that anyway, but he'll let you know when he's ready. Remember the longer you can keep him in green, the more his pancreas can heal.

MarthaL and Ace & Chelsea like this.
  6. Ace & Chelsea

Ace & Chelsea Member

Hello again!! Some funky stuff happening, we’re at 13 hours after shot reading 4.4 preshot could you take a look and let me know where I should go from here with dosing ?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  7. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Wow! Skip was wise, let's see how the rest of today goes. I'll try to check in in about 7 hours, can you grab a test or two before then? Bounce breaks have a long slide down but I don't think I've ever seen such a late nadir on ProZinc.

The 108 looks a bit like a bounce starting so we'll see.

Are you able to monitor tonight and/or tomorrow? I suspect this will play out similar to yesterday - bounce plus no insulin and he'll be high, but another long slide down. But we have to get to something you can hopefully shoot both cycles. I am thinking 2U tonight if he bounces, that would hopefully leave him high enough in the morning to shoot at least something

8. Ace & Chelsea

Ace & Chelsea Member

Since I skipped this morning should I go ahead and give insulin now rather than waiting another 6 hours for BG to keep rising ? or should I wait to stay on schedule?

9. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

That is really up to you and your schedule. You can only move each shot back by 15 minutes, or one shot back by 30 minutes. So if it were me, I'd just stick to the usual schedule. I expect pink/red at PMPS.