Lola 11/28 AMBG 86; PMBG 90

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Pookie (GA), Nov 26, 2020.

1. Pookie (GA)

Pookie (GA) Member

prior thread

11/26 AMBG 86

She ate Dr. E's and leftover pate during the night. I offered her Fr. pate and Primal for breakfast. She snubbed the pate and ate only the Primal. (And I spent the next 2 hours worrying that the change might somehow impact her BG levels.) Anyhoo, it appears I'll have to mix the 2 in order to save $$.

I did give her a 1/4 tab of Benadryl last night and may do so again today. I've only seen her gnawing once, but she's still doing some licking and if the tab will help keep her more comfortable then why not (apart of the stink-eye I get from Lola while I'm shooting it down her throat).

Deb & Wink and Shelley & Jess like this.
  2. Pookie (GA)

Pookie (GA) Member

PMBG 94

Nothing to see here. Lola's back to being Lola again. :cat: I don't know why I didn't give her Benadryl this morning. I meant to. She's still a little itchy so I'm going to give her a 1/4 tab as soon as she gets her face out of the dish of Dr. E's.

3. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

The "anti-itch" meds? Looks to me like Lola needs them a bit longer.

Not sure, so you may want to ask your vet about longer term use. I have no idea if that would be ok or not a good idea.

"Stink eyes" are survivable. Making Lola feel better, with less itching and gnawing are priceless.

4. Pookie (GA)

Pookie (GA) Member

11/27 AMBG 92.

She wasn't hungry at +9 because she'd been snacking on Dr. E's overnight and immediately prior to +9.

The good news is that she had a bm last night! (I had been worried since she yakked up that huge hairball.) "... and I'm happy this Thanksgiving that my cat took a crap...." Ah, how perspectives change.

5. Pookie (GA)

Pookie (GA) Member

PMBG 91

I sat and watched her eat for 10 minutes this afternoon. It was lovely.

6. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Looks like you have at least 2 things to be thankful for with Lola.:):):):):)

7. Pookie (GA)

Pookie (GA) Member

11/28 AMBG 86

Nothing to report. All's well in our world.

Shelley & Jess likes this.
  8. Pookie (GA)

Pookie (GA) Member

PMBG 90.

Eating well, especially that Primal (which I use as an appetizer). I getting the uneasy feeling she's still drinking more water than she should be. I'm going to try withhold the Dr. E's kibble so she's eating only wet food and eliminate that variable. Perhaps the antihistamine is making her thirsty? If I'm still uneasy on Monday I'll schedule a vet appt for some lab work.

But hey, she's EATING!:D