Loki - AMPS 270 2.5 units given

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by ctmorris, Sep 8, 2020.

1. ctmorris

ctmorris Member

AT +2 he was 253 and at +5 he was 176 and eating well. After yesterday this is a welcome change

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Glad you dropped the dose. He’s not even bouncing yet. He was getting way too much.

3. Lucky&Mom

Lucky&Mom New Member

Loki's story is kind of sad. He may even recover from diabetes. He was adopted by an older couple and was "the man's cat". He was malnourished (painfully skinny) only got cheap kibble for food. The man died on August 4th and the wife scheduled him to be put down but he hid in the shed she was keeping him in. So my pet sitter posted about him and since Lucky trained me on all this stuff I offered a home. I didn't realize how much I'd forgotten in the 4 years since her passing. He is getting good vet ordered food now and in the past 3 weeks has gained almost 2 lbs. Yay!

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You are wonderful!! You might have a look at tge food charts and save yourself some money by not buying RX food. There’s nothing magic about it.

5. ctmorris

ctmorris Member

I will do that. The food is expensive but wanted to give him a running start. Thank you!

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great seeing blues today after yesterday's skip.:cool:

And by the way, there is no low carb vet dry food.

Si am cat mom likes this.
  7. ctmorris

ctmorris Member

Thanks for the note on the dry food. I assumed if it was prescription dry food for a diabetic cat that they wouldn't make it chock full of carbs.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

But still high enough we consider it high carb. If it's DM you are feeding, note they call it dietetic management, not diabetic management. Glycobalance is also high carb.