Leave food out?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by racn1320, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racn1320

racn1320 Member

Now that I have my girl on wet food,no dry food! I feed her twice daily with no food leftover,Right before the injection,Is it ok for her not to eat at all during the day when im gone or should I leave her some wet food out? Just asking opinions and apprciate it!

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

I leave out canned food for all my cats. Some diabetics do better with mini-meals, so there is a more gradual amount of glucose being generated that better matches the slow insulin onset. Timed feeders are good for this and the Pet Safe 5 seems to do well.

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. racn1320

racn1320 Member

Good info thx,she always seems hungry when i feed her,so i will leave some out with a little water init so it stays frresh

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Congrats on the switch to wet food! :)

I add extra water to all of Saoirse's feeds, whether or not I'm putting them into a timed feeder. She has a history of urinary tract problems (most likely due to the carp I unwittingly fed her :( ). Dr Lisa Pierson (of catinfo.org) recommended adding the water to the food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.