Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sharon Hill

Sharon Hill Member

Praise God Bella’s Lantus came in today!!! As of now she’s on Novolin 1.5 units 2x day. Should I still give her 1.5 units of Lantus 2x daily???? Her numbers still range from 200-500s & maybe once a week a HI. No I haven’t been able to do a spreadsheet yet bc of new phone & forgotten pw. GRRRRR Hopefully I’ll have access to it tomorrow on Friday. Thank y’all for all your help

2. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

Great! We Are The Angels Here - Since you are switching to Lantus longer-acting, switch down the Lantus dose to 1 Unit 2xday.
    And bg test curves. Amps, + 1 hr, +2 hr, +3hr, +6 hr, +8 hr, +10 hr, +12 hr Pmps.

3. Sharon Hill

Sharon Hill Member

Awesome thank you!! I have only been successful with foot pad blood tests, her ears just don’t wanna give it up. That’s a lot more pokes than I normally do but if that’s what it takes, I’ll do it. How many days do I need to check her blood sugar that often?

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. Ann & Scatcats

Okidok. "Hidden LongTime back foot bg taker here" -:) Mi Wrestling Champ Boy Simba got a Cauliflower ear after an early days on of His Every Day Wrestling Competions with Bro Gustav, so only back paw was best to bg use too.

Be sure to avoid the middle section of the pad, due to important abundance of large nerves there. Test to the rim side of the pad.

Do one day's bg curve first and post it, so we all Lantusians see what bg numbers the safer Lantus start 1 U BID does.

5. Sharon Hill

Sharon Hill Member

Ok will do thank you!! Also I didn’t know about the middle of the paw I’ve been testing in different areas of her paw and in the middle has been one of the spots but will no longer test in the middle but only on the sides. I have a new phone & can’t remember my password for Google Apps so no spreadsheet but I’ve been keeping a journal every day since she was diagnosed 3 weeks ago. I will post Saturday what tomorrow looks like. Should I start in the AM so I can watch her instead of starting tonight and then going to sleep??? I’d hate for her numbers drop really low tonight and not know it.

6. Ann & Scatcats

Yep, Keep You Both Safe and start in the a.m.

Sharon Hill likes this.
  7. Ann & Scatcats

8. Sharon Hill

Sharon Hill Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.