Lantus vial cost me $35 today at Walgreens w/the right coupon

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nathalie & Boris, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Nathalie & Boris

Nathalie & Boris Member

Hi Everyone,

I want to share because I know how hard I have worked to find discounts and have been disappointed in the past that none of them worked.

In the past the GoodRX coupon did not work, nor the Lantus site coupon because Boris is a cat and not a human. Today I tried looking for a pet RX coupon and sure enough GoodRX has a pet site and lantus was listed. I had the card emailed to me and prayed when I got to Walgreens it would work. The coupon said it should get the price to be lowest $99. I didn't have much faith.

Used the GoodRX pet coupon and it cost me $35!!!!! Hope it works for you too! Good luck!

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing this! :bighug:

Nathalie & Boris likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Was that for the brand name Lantus or one of the new biosimilars? (doesn't matter as far as what a good insulin it is, just sounds like it might be the biosimilar, not the brand name)

4. Nathalie & Boris

Nathalie & Boris Member

It was for Lantus. They won't let you get the biosimilar unless you have a prescription for it. I've already gone down that route. My vet said it's not exactly the same and if I switched over, I'd be starting over with Boris. Not sure how true that is but is has not been tested on cats yet to my knowledge.

5. Nathalie & Boris

Nathalie & Boris Member

Also, I found on the goodRX pet site a question area that said if the discount did not work to call the number listed and they could most likely get it worked out while you are at the pharmacy. I was prepared today to fight for the discount. lol ;)

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

We have cats here using the biosimilars. Not a formal university study per se, but the FDA does consider them to be equivalents.

7. Nathalie & Boris

Nathalie & Boris Member

I’m not knocking them. I had to fight with Walgreens to find the Lantus bio similar that was approved last November and show them they did the news release. Then after all that my vet was hesitant, of course, and because I didn’t see any studies in cats yet, I was hesitant to switch Boris at the moment.

8. Scdal

Scdal Member

Wh
    When I tried it, it asked for my zip code. The cheapest price it gave me was $194.82 at Walgreens. I pay $99 at my pharmacy. Am I doing something wrong?

9. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

What a great find! I'm glad it worked for you. $35 a vial. wow.

Nathalie & Boris likes this.
  10. Nathalie & Boris

Nathalie & Boris Member

Are you on the regular GoidRX site or the GoodRX pet site? They are different.

I had to fill out a questionnaire to see if I was eligible, hit no for insurance etc and it gave me a prescription card that it emailed to me. The card said as low as $99 which I was expecting more, but when pharmacist punched it in it rang up at $35.

11. Nathalie & Boris

Nathalie & Boris Member

This is what I was sent via email

12. Nathalie & Boris

Nathalie & Boris Member

Not sure if that worked. I can see I have a file to insert but it won’t let me upload

Attached Files:

13. Nathalie & Boris

Nathalie & Boris Member

Oh there it is

14. Nathalie & Boris

Nathalie & Boris Member

I see the prices below do say that. But do the check your availability and get the card emailed. Maybe Walgreens has a glitch, but I’ll take it, and if you are due for a new vial it’s worth a shot. The pharmacist just punched in the info on the card I showed and it dropped it to $35
    upload_2022-7-21_17-57-27.png
    upload_2022-7-21_17-57-56.png

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  15. Nathalie & Boris

Nathalie & Boris Member