Lamb lung dog treats?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Dawn & Nova, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

In my continuing efforts to find something other then the 1 kind of diabetes safe treat I can find here (pure bites salmon freeze dried) I was scoping out the dog treats isle at petsmart and came up with two options:

PureBites Cheddar Cheese.. no go, none of the cats like it.

Rollover Lamb Tenders - Seems to be a big hit. Ingredients are "Lamb lung"... yeah.. sounds nasty.. the treats are made by a company in Canada so I don't know that many here will have seen them.. They short of feel like mooshed together freeze dried, label says they are baked.. from what I can find online lamb lung seems to be almost entirely protein and fat.. lamb lung can't be all that different from mouse lung can it?

Does anyone feed any sort of lamb lung treats to their diabetic cats? Wondering if there is some sort of evil for diabetes ingredient of this delicious sounding (gag) treat I'm missing.

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

I would think Lamb Lung should be fine for our diabetic kitties. I haven't seen them yet, but all the hunting cats that I know eat their kills from the head back to the abdomen - leaving the hind half as a gift.

3. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Well here's the closest bit of nutritional I can find:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitn ... b-lung-raw

Baking it can't magically introduce carbs.. and the only ingredient is the lamb lung.. so it seems sorta diabetes dreamy to me.. so I guess I'll keep with my assumption that it can't be all that different from mouse lung and throw it in the treat mix until I hear otherwise :)..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.