Kind of frustrated.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mimis mom, Aug 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

I don't know where to bring Mimi as far as vets go. I mean I have a couple in mind but I know shell be needing her refill soon of syringes, and the last vet that refilled it Im not too happy with and I know she won't refill it until she sees her again.

Just felt like venting. lol

I wish I could find a vet that knew more about feline diabetes..

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Maybe you can ask if anyone lives in your area and could suggest a vet that they are happy with what an adorable face Mimis has :cat:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  3. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

I can't imagine having to have a vet visit for every syringe refill - that'd be every two months! :eek:

Yes, maybe someone here or on the FB groups would have a vet recommendation near you so you wouldn't have to do the legwork yourself. I'd be so frustrated.

4. Dusty & Roe

Dusty & Roe Member

I think it’s crazy your Vet has to see her for another refill . Have you looked up Vets reviews in your area ? Mimis is a Cutie

5. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

If you change the topic to ask for vet recommendations and include your area, someone near you may be able to help you find a good vet.

Also, are you using the Lantus vial or pens? If the vial, ask for you next prescription for the pens instead. One pack of pens could last for 9 months or more based on your current dose. Many of our members order their Lantus through Marks Pharmacy in Canada since the cost is less than you pay in the US.

6. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

As for picking a vet. Confronting someone in a lab coat with a degree on the wall isn't easy. I have a very rare neurological thing and once told an emergency room doctor (not a neurologist) "That's not the current treatment". His big fat head turned orange and exploded but I was right.
    Without mentioning the internet tell the vet you want to test every day, do curves at home, buy your supplies at a low cost etc. It's your cat and your money, you're not obligated in any way to return to a vet that makes you feel uncomfortable.
    It's not always easy. Like telling the Pope you've had enough and are becoming a Buddhist. We tell telephone solicitors we worship our dark lord and master Satan and they never call back. Good luck.

7. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness but isn't Mimi a beauty! That face!! :cat:

Sometimes it's enough to find a vet who may know just enough about feline diabetes to begin with but who has a progressive attitude towards treating the condition and is happy to work in partnership with you. Maybe something to consider when vet shopping.

Like many here, I know the world of difference it can make to have a good working relationship a decent vetty bean. I wish you success in finding a good 'un.

Mogs

8. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Try ordering from Adwdiabetes.com. They handle any perscription approvals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.