? Ketones and Diastix

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by NoahFL, Jun 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Every now and then I’m able to collect a sample while Max is peeing. Tonight was the first time I used the Ketone strip. I’m leaning more towards a trace of ketones and on the diastix 1/2?

Any recommendations on this? We did have a pajama party a couple nights ago.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Anything above trace is cause for an ER visit. If just trace he should be fine but put some extra water in his food and keep an eye on him.
    And of course follow the instructions, if I remember right its to check exactly 15 seconds after wetting the strip.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  3. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

He’s acting completely normal and urine output is back down. He bounced pretty hard after our pajama party.

4. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Looks like he's headed down now! :) I'd put somewhere in your SS that he had trace ketones today. Check tomorrow if you can to be safe.

jt and trouble (GA) and NoahFL like this.
  5. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Added it to his SS. Will try tomorrow. He doesn’t much care to be bothered when in dispose. I use disposable feeder cups (for the geckos) and try to slide it under him to get a collection.

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Are you using Ketostix or Ketodiastixa/ If the latter, make sure you are reading the ketone test and not the glucose test. Ketodiastix test for both kenos and urinary glucose.

7. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

I’m using TRUEplus Ketone test strips and then I have a bottle of Diastix glucose strips. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.