Just vomited

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by thornmallow__, Mar 10, 2024.

1. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Prev post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-9-falafel-pmps-320.287522/

Falafel just threw up ~20 minutes ago, I would say at PM +9. Her vomit contained her food and a little bit of white foam. BG is 255 which seems normal considering her earlier insulin dose (but her PMPS was 320, we’re dealing with a bounce right now).

Called the ER and they said to monitor and offer her small amts of food and water. I have mixed up a quarter of a can of food with a bit of water and am offering a few sips at a time - she is definitely interested and lapping it right up.

I know this is not a vet forum, but does anybody have any insight?? I can’t afford another ER stay :(

She’s due for her AMPS in 2.5hrs btw.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

3. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Hi Diane, she’s doing better I think. Didn’t throw up again yet. Proceeded with morning dose as usual and am slow feeding her another half a can of food, going a few tablespoons at a time and pausing in between.

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

OK good, slow feeding her is is a good idea.
    I would start a new thread for today on the Lantus board and link the 3-9 thread to it

thornmallow__ likes this.
  5. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

I’d call the vet on Monday and ask for a prescription for Cerenia explaining what happened and that you’d like to have it at hand if she vomits again. Better safe than sorry.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.