Jekyll to increase or not? Prozinc

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Katsallday, Mar 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katsallday

Katsallday Member

I will be doing one of my patented every hour curves at the next preshot, but judging on my 13 cycles so far, do you think a .25u dose increase applies? He has nadir right around 150 which I believe is the high end of hold dose #s for prozinc? His preshots are around 300 or under with the exception of I believe 2 bounces. I do think he's been dropping lower at night when I'm asleep so I'm aiming for nadir tonight which is 4am. I have a problem waking up so let's see if husband can wake me for it!

Any advice is super duper appreciated friends :)

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Katsallday likes this.
  3. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Good morning. It does look like you have the wiggle room to do a .25 dose increase. With SLGS, you are aiming to keep them between about 90 and 150. Good job on the testing! Are you feeding him after nadir? That can shorten the duration of the insulin. We usually recommend feeding snacks in the early part of the cycle and not feeding after nadir (or at least a very small amount of the really low carb stuff).

Katsallday and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  4. Katsallday

Katsallday Member

I was feeding him right at nadir during the day, I can change that to +4 :)

How do people test at night? I genuinely don't wake up to alarms which means my husband has to wake me up and not give up. I sleep like the dead honestly

5. Suzanne & Darcy

I know a few other people who say they do not wake up to alarms. One person on this Board said she would drink a whole bunch of water before going to bed so that she would be sure to wake up later to use the bathroom!

jayla-n-Drevon and Katsallday like this.
  6. Katsallday

Katsallday Member

Oh that's so smart!! I'm going to start that for sure lol!!

7. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes. I thought it was pretty clever! Did you decide not to do the increase in dose? Or were you waiting until after this morning's cycle (which would be cycle 14, I believe.) I never liked doing increases at night and would usually wait until the morning to do one, if possible (and if I was not too impatient.)

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  8. Katsallday

Katsallday Member

Well I work on weekends at night. I serve jello shots in a bar for 3/4 hours so during the day I nap to prepare for a late night. So the plan was tonight to increase dose while my husband monitored and when I got home I'd do checks all night. Do you think I should wait until mornings shot then? I wouldn't mind because I'm only up late 2 nights a week

9. Suzanne & Darcy

It sounds like you had a plan! You should just do what works for your schedules. That makes sense :)

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.