Issues with Constipation!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CORKY, Mar 27, 2024.

1. CORKY

CORKY Member

To anyone that has suffered with on and off constipation, I need some input
    I am giving Corky and Coco on a routine basis every other day between Miralax 1/4 tsp and Lactulose 1 1/2 ml. , yet they both decide not to poop for 2-3 days together, their food is the same as always at times they poop quite soft, not diarrhea, but in small amounts, I stop both all together when this happens, I have massaged their bellies trying to make movement in their stomach, there is no hardness in the tummies puree, I have tried the Beech Nut prune baby food organic in the food but I have noticed that Corky's BG gets a bit higher after the next test, so I stopped that a while back, I have Pumpkin puree for cats and dogs at the Pet store. Is there anything else that I can do or use to keep them regular? it concerns some, especially that Corky today has refused 2nd meal twice, and this has never happened, I just put in his inner ear a bit of Miratz ointment hoping he eats his PMPS meal to be able to give him insulin

2. Vasalisa

Vasalisa Member

I just wanted to tell you that you're a great cat mom!! Your threads and posts have been really helpful to me and its obvious how much you love and work for your kitties. I don't have much to contribute to this, (you're already doing all the things I know to do and more!) but I used to have a cat that would get constipated and I learned lots that helped me from this website https://www.felineconstipation.org/the-first-lesson.html but it may not be new info for you!