Is this bouncing? Up to 3.5U

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by garbagecat, Jul 6, 2021.

1. garbagecat

garbagecat Member

Hi!!

Thanks for the advice last time - I was being too hesitant to up the dose. We are FINALLY seeing some good numbers, but I think we may be having a bit of a bounce issue. We are up to 3.5u but getting low numbers in the PM. I have walked it down to 3.25 and then 3 at this point but I'm not sure what to do now.

At what number is a dose reduction earned? We have not had a hypo event but the huge bounces make me think the dose is a bit too high. He got down to 59 at one point.

Last night he was at 88 PMPS - I still shot him (with a reduced dose of 2u) after eating with because if we do 0 units when he is under 100 preshot, he bounces up INCREDIBLY high after eating food. (You can see this for the AM on 7/3 - I gave 0u because he was under 100 for AMPS and he shot up to 500+ midday)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FJ1sGKdxCjPCmc-uRVuOzVgOrIkrG-zE3sCmw4KOFDM/edit?usp=sharing

He is eating low carb pate wet food only

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry nobody has answered you yet! If you post and your post starts to drop down the wall (which can happen fast), make a comment on it to bump it back to the top of the forum again until you get some help!

Yes, those are some major bounces you are seeing! The 500+ you got was partially due to the skipped shot that morning, but mostly it had to do with the greens you got the PM cycle before that. He was still dropping when you stopped testing so I'd bet he probably went below 60 and the 70 you got that morning may have been when his glucose was on the way up from much lower. Without tests after the 60, we'll never know how low he might have gone.

I think the fact you're getting Pre-shots too low to shoot are a good indication that the dose may be a little high. Might try 3U and hold that dose for several days (unless he drops too low).

If you'll post daily, you'll get more eyes watching out for you as well as more advice from people who are more familiar with ProZinc. You don't have to have anything special to say to post (you can give the "whole cat report"....how he's acting...what about the 5 "P's"? (peeing, pooping, purring, preening, playing) but by posting daily, somebody may see something that can help you get better control.

Hshray likes this.
  3. garbagecat

garbagecat Member

Thank you!! I'm going to stick to 3u I think. The crazy part is ignoring how worried I am to shoot at a "low" number.

This morning AMPS he was 108 - I still gave him 3u with breakfast

At +2 he is 141. So these are great numbers so far today! I just am nervous about shooting 3u when his PS is in the "optimal" range already but if I don't shoot he goes so high after eating.

SO nerve wracking!! Previous to our dose raising to 3.5 he had such consistently high numbers that it seemed like the insulin wasn't helping in any way. I am so hopeful we are super close to the optimal dose

4. garbagecat

garbagecat Member

Oh also - he’s acting fine. Watching cat tv (the window), walking across my computer during zoom meetings, pooping and then sprinting around the house, yelling at me for attention and knocking all of my important things off the counter - all his favorite things!!

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

It's great when they show us that they are feeling better, isn't it?

garbagecat likes this.
  6. garbagecat

garbagecat Member

An update - at +6 he is 220.