Is this book good: Practical Feline Behaviour?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger, May 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger

PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger Member

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Peter, good to see you.
    I haven’t seen or heard of this book but it looks quite an interesting book with some good subjects to talk about.
    Bron

3. PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger

Hi Bron, good to see you too.
    I have just read one hundred pages of the book and skimmed through the remaining. pages. This book is 300 pages of gems without fillers. It hits the sweet spot of being scientifically robust enough for serious readers and helpful and entertaining enough for average cat-owners. It not only gives highly practical advice but also teaches me to think scientifically about cats in areas such as how cats communicate, how early experience influence cat, how to train cats etc.

The thing I like most about this book is that it presents tons of research from different angles of perspectives, and lets the reader decide to what extent they should believe in some theories about cats. This is something that is hard to find by just googling.

One thing I find strange is this extremely comprehensive book only briefly mentions nutrition by saying cats need high-protein food and they should be fed "meat-based food". There is almost zero mention of dry food. Just to note that.

I learn a ton and would recommend this book to all cat-owners who want to take their cat-caring skill to the next level. ;)

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Quite amazing it hardly mentions nutrition, seeing it it one of the most important things!
    I’ll keep an eye out for the book.

5. PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger

I don't know if this is intentional:rolleyes:. The book is so comprehensive that it talks about trivial things such as the pros and cons of motorized toys.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  6. THH & Snowcrash (GA)

THH & Snowcrash (GA) Member

I really enjoyed this book. I'm a Cat Behavior Consultant and this is one of the best books I've read, personally. I found it very comprehensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.