Is it unusual that PMPS tested at the same level as +6 mid-cycle?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Shell, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Shell

Shell Member

Updating Pumpkin's spreadsheet, I am very confused. Because he tested at the exact same number (336) that he did +6 mid-cycle. I recently raised his dosage to the level that usually tips it to where the numbers actually start to drop... 1.9. The .9 I discussed with my Vet because historically, when he was raised to 2u, it did fall below 90 as a result.

So I am the one who's nervous about going to the full 2u before I can monitor and do a curve. The doc knows.

Something is changing in the pattern, where as I thought I saw him normally at his lowest (high number) PMPS. Now it in the 300's PMPS. Any idea what's going on?

I am really concerned. I have high anxiety and could end up losing sleep worrying about him. He ate very well before his shot.

Has a hypoglycemic incident every occured when a cat has eaten a good meal before PMPS?

It's hypoglycemia that is my biggest fear. :nailbiting:

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I would say Pumpkin is most likely bouncing from the blue numbers yesterday. That is why the BG has not gone down at the end of the cycle.
    Also if you are anxious about low numbers I would really recommend you get at least one test in every pm cycle to see if the BGs are going to drop lower.
    It helps if a cat eats well at shot time but it is not a guarantee that the BGs will not drop low late in the cycle. The only way to ensure this does not happen is to test.

Shell likes this.
  3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It's also not out of the ordinary for a cat to have a flat cycle (i.e., there's not a great deal of change in the numbers).

Shell likes this.