Introducing Kimba

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by McBurchika, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McBurchika

McBurchika New Member

Hello, my name is Katie and I live in Canada. My newly diagnosed cat is named Kimba. He was diagnosed this past Tuesday with a blood glucose reading of 28 (I still have yet to figure out what that means...... but the vet said it should be around 6). On Friday, we returned so I could learn how to inject his insulin properly (2 units of lantus every 12 hours) and I have been dosing him since yesteday (Saturday) morning. Some info on Kimba.
    12 years old approximately
    White short hair double coat
    Weight 16.7 lbs
    Kimba shares our home with his brother, Simon (13yrs)

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome, Katie, from a fellow Canadian in Ottawa. :) We can certainly help and if you post any questions or concerns in the main health forum, they'll be seen by more people.

3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Another hello from Canada. Head over to the Lantus forum and read the yellow stickies at the top. It's a wealth of information and overwhelming at first. Ask any and all questions or concerns.

4. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome from another Canadian. The first while after getting the diagnosis of FD can be quite overwhelming, but there is a wealth of information and very helpful, experienced people on this site that can help you on this journey. Lantus is a good insulin and many, many members have had very good results with it. Some of the more important things to consider are using a proper wet food low carb diet and learning to home test. As you get settled in I am sure you will have many more questions so please feel free to ask anything.

You can post your questions on the Lantus forum:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/lantus-glargine-levemir-detemir.9/

or on the general Health Forum:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/feline-health-the-main-forum.28/

so please ask away!! :bighug: :bighug:

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.