I will pay if someone will help

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Apache & Ric, Mar 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apache & Ric

Apache & Ric Member

Is there anyone who would be willing to help me dial in Apache with her new switch to lantus ? I would be willing to pay for help

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Ric what do you mean by this ?

3. Apache & Ric

Apache & Ric Member

I love Apache more than life itself. I keep getting conflicting answers that unfortunately my girl is paying for. I need a couple knowledgeable members to take up Apaches case so I can get one straight answer. Seems alot of members don't like answers being questioned. I apologize. I have alot of questions. . I would be willing to pay for services if you take paypal.

4. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

We do not charge for our advice. What questions do you have? We are happy to help you.

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

The beauty of the FDMB is that it’s an open forum. Members join because they have diabetic cats. Most are very confused and scared when they join. It helps to discuss and learn from others who understand. We have varying levels of experience. Many of us have stayed on to pay it forward after our cats go otj or as in my place have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. You will learn that how to handle fd is not always clear cut and you will get different opinions from time to time. Please try not to let that frustrate you. Sometimes you have to read the different suggestions and decide what makes the most sense for you and your cat to follow at that moment in time. You hold the syringe and can see how your cat is responding. As long as you can him safe by testing and feeding all will be fine. We are all just trying to help.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

For other posters here, Ric has a post about Apache today, with questions, over on the Lantus forum, in this post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-10-apache-is-very-hungry-at-8.275117/

Ric, the Lantus forum is the best place to post and get help on Lantus dosing. The experienced Lantus folks will usually check that forum. We do have a few angels who also spend a lot of time in this forum with people who are new to the feline diabetes diagnosis. But it's not as active a forum, so you may not get answers as quickly here.

As others have said, we are not a group that charges for help. We give it freely. And most importantly, we are an open peer reviewed community. One of the FDMB founding principles is that all help with dosing must be posted publicly for all to review and comment on. If someone feels the suggestion is not correct or needs a nuance added, anyone can do so. What that means is that many people can post, and sometimes you can get contradictory suggestions. Things you may want to do is look at the person who has made suggestions. Some things to look at are when the person joined, how long have they been here, are they or did they use the same insulin as you. Does their spreadsheet look like one you'd like to see for Apache? Keep in mind that cats come to us with all sorts of other medical issues, making some harder than others to manage. Many people here are those whose cat has passed, but still feel we owe something to FDMB, so pay it back by helping others. A lot of us feel like family together.

One of the things we consider is not just the cat and blood sugar numbers, but also the caregiver. We get people from all walks of life. Each cat is different (ECID), but so are the circumstances of all of the members here. We try to take that into consideration too when we make suggestions.

Ultimately, it is up to you to decide what you feel comfortable doing with the suggestions you are given. You are with your cat, we are not. We will support your decisions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.