I tested glucose. It was 309.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jan D & Squeaky, Sep 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

So I need to give him an insulin shot, right? Just right now? What else do I need to know.

This is so hard.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Before we can help you with dose, we need to see the blood sugar numbers. Do you need help with a spreadsheet? @Chris & China (GA) might be able to help.

3. Jan D & Squeaky

You know, I don't think I can do this on an ongoing basis. Squeaky has so many things wrong with me and it just stresses me out all the time.

4. Jan D & Squeaky

I cannot do a spreadsheet right now. I am too stressed out.

5. Jan D & Squeaky

The number is 309. There are no other numbers.

6. Jan D & Squeaky

The dose the doctor said is 1 unit.

7. Wendy&Neko

Do you know how low 1 unit has taken Squeaky before?

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd be happy to set one up for you. It's easy to use once you have it. You just type in your test numbers as you get them.

Just send me a private message by clicking on my name and choosing "start a conversation" so I can get some information

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  9. Jan D & Squeaky

No clue. This is the first time he was tested.

10. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks I'm going to call some folks and try to get some help. I'm seriously thinking about putting Squeaky down. The glucose test stressed us both, and he had diarrhea from it. I don't think this is going to work, but I have a friend who had a cat with diabetes and I will see if she can come over and give him the insulin for a while. I have ADHD, I cannot figure this out, someone has to figure it out and teach it to me by showing me in my house with the cat. Not instructions here and there, etc.

11. Wendy&Neko

If you can get a friend to help you in person, that'll really help. There are lots of Youtube videos, but it's not quite the same thing. You can also get the vet to put on the Freestyle Libre, which is a continuous monitor you can just scan.

The first few tests are really hard. :bighug: Both on cat and human. I did a lot of crying at first.

12. Jan D & Squeaky

So if I can't get myself to give him the insulin tonight, will he be okay tomorrow? He's actually doing better tonight than he did last night and this morning. I have two calls out there but I need to go for a walk.

13. Wendy&Neko

Sorry for the late response. It would have been fine to give insulin with him that high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.