911 I don't know what to do, is she in remission or Hyper

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Catmumma, May 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catmumma

Catmumma New Member

Stormie has been plodding along fairly well considering her multiple health issues.
    I had a terrible scare 6 weeks ago though, but it turned out to be her lungs and not her diabetes.
    She could barely breathe and wouldn't eat, which meant I couldn't give her her insulin injection, so I rushed her to the vets.
    She was put on oxygen, and given various injections (prednisolone and some others), and had a glucose test.
    She bounced back from that but has been losing weight, and is now only 2.49kg
    She is a so skinny and boney.
    She had a curve test on Tuesday, and the vet said it looks like she has gone in to remission and to stop insulin injections straight away.
    I was told to monitor her, and do a urine test twice a week to check for glucose, and to do a spot blood glucose if there's any glucose in her urine.
    I came home from work today, and my mother said Stormie has barely eaten, and she keeps collapsing around the house.
    She looks very weak, vague, and she's cold even though I have her wrapped in a blanket.
    I have been unable to get her to do a wee.
    I recently purchased the Alphatrak II Cat diabetes machine.
    I think I have set it up correctly, but not 100% sure.
    I've just done a test on Stormie, and the number was 19.3
    When Stormie was first diagnosed I was told that if she falls below 3 or goes higher than 20 that it is extremely serious and should take her to the vet immediately.
    I have no idea whether the vet was wrong on Tuesday, and Stormie should still be on insulin.
    I don't know what to do and I'm really frightened.
    She's just laying in her bed.
    My local vet won't see me, as they are fully booked, and I don't want to drive her to the emergency vet (an hour away) unless absolutely necessary.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I have just answered you other thread.
    YOU NEED TO TAKE STORMIE TO THE EMERGENCY VET IMMEDIATELY

SaraMV and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  3. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

You mentioned other health issues, and that she had an issue with her lungs. Was there fluid in them? Has she been checked for heart issues?

4. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

any update to this, how did it go at the ER vet?

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  5. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I hope Stormie is okay. :bighug: Thinking of you.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  6. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

any update?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.