How do Sissy's numbers look?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mandy S, Aug 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Today is the 4th day since we increased Sissy's insulin to 1.25. I think her numbers are looking good...today she dipped into the normal range at +5. It's the first time she's been that low. I'm excited that she seems to be doing so well. But wondered what more experienced folks think.

My vet wanted us to go to 2 units. I decided to go with 1.25 instead. I think I'm really glad I didn't do that, I think it would have taken her too low. She had wanted me to do that because Sissy's numbers were higher in the mornings. The morning we were supposed to start that though she was only at 265 and her +2 on 1.25 was 188. So I feel like going with my gut and the recommendations here kept us from having a problem with my baby girl.

2. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

Let me take a look but good for you for not going up to 2! Here we adjust dose according to the nadir not the preshot numbers :cat:

Mandy S and jt and trouble (GA) like this.
  3. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

She looks like she’s in a great range right now. Can you alternate and get a +6 tomorrow and maybe a +7 the day after? Once she’s been on 1.25 for a week according to the SLGS protocol, you can do a curve and go from there. I would be inclined to go up to 1.5 to see if she gets a bit lower but still on the safe zone. Looks great congrats!!

her little adorable face gets me every time I look at your avatar. Such a girly girl!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    Mandy S likes this.
  4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm no dosing expert but even I can see you made the right call good job!

5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Sissy's looking fab! You are doing a really great job, Mandy. Priddy, priddy numbers. :cat:

How is Sissy doing in herself, and how are you?

Mogs

6. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Thank you! I knew we based it on nadir so I was like... what? When she said that about her morning numbers. I'm anxious to see how things go this week and as we adjust. I'm so glad for this board. I love her adorable little face too. She is such a precious little soul. :cat:

Thanks! :D

7. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Thanks! She's doing good. She's definitely acting like her normal self...her normal pre hills z/d self. I know that food is what made her sick in the first place. She is SO good about testing. She sees me get the little tote down that has her supplies in it and she comes over, I put her in my lap, and she settles in. Then I test her ear and she just sits there, even when it takes a few attempts. Then she knows she gets her treats. Either the freeze dried chicken or the freeze dried lamb liver. (The lamb liver is sooo stinky. lol)
    This morning I woke up at 4am and decided to test her. I came out, shook the treats and she came. I sat there and tried like 5 times to get blood and I thought I was just half asleep missing her ear...then realized I hadn't put needle in the lancet. lol Oh boy. Anyway...she's such a sweet girl and I'm so lucky she's being compliant. There have been a few times when I've had to have my daughter hold her so I could give her insulin though, she's gotten so she doesn't like me pulling her skin to get a tent. But I can't complain.

Me...I still have trouble drawing the insulin. But it's better since I started stacking my readers. I still check 100 times, take a picture, enlarge and compare...then re check..the finally shoot, then mini panic about whether it was right...the panic adrenaline in arms and legs...I hate it, but I get it done. I think I'll be glad if she moves up to the 1.5 because of the line. That would help so much.

8. Critter Mom

Same here! :cat:

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  9. Critter Mom

Oops ... :banghead:

Awwwww ... :cat:

That's love...

Well done, Mandy. The anxiety on top of everything else is so hard but you're looking after your little one so well. She is blessed to have you as her Person. I hope that you'll also give yourself a treat or two, preferably not a stinky one! ;) And do your best to get enough rest.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.