high glucose at dawn without apparent reason

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Aili, Sep 2, 2023.

1. Aili

Aili Member

Hi, my cat has been on prozinc since may.

he always does well in the AM cicle, glucose lowers early in the cicle and rises slowly up until the end of the cicle.

the problem comes in the PM cicle I give him the insulin at 8pn and around two Pm《+6 ) he can be around 100 to 180) but when I wake in the morning for his AM cicle he's at 300 or more.

per example at + 6 in the AM cicle he's around 226 and at the end of the AM cicle he's at 237.

then he starts the PM cicle at 235, he's at 126 at +6 but at the end of the PM cicle he's at 303, with other readings It seems his glucose gets higher abruptly from 5 am to 7 AM (+9 to +11)

he doesn't eat after 2 am (+6 pm/cicle) has no acess to food, he's an indoor cat.

I've been giving him wet food with low carbohidrates (3.5%) at night up until 1am.

during the day he eats Diabetic prescription dry food up until +3 , 11 am

sometimes his blood glucose doesn't rise and he starts the day with a good glucose number, but I don't do anything different.

He has diabetic neuropathy and itsn getting better, I guess because of these fluctuations in the PM cicle

I hope someone has some insight , because I'm at a loss, he has good glucose readings through the day ,it's very frustrating to get those reading in the morning for no apparent reason.

thanks.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2023
  2. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

I can’t speak to any insulin advice but Zobaline for diabetic cats helps with neuropathy. You can get it on ilifelink.com

3. Aili

Aili Member

Hi, I heard that vit b12 is the same, as they don't sell zobaline in my country, so i'm giving my cat b12, but I guess the dosage is too low since each pill has 1000 micro grams, that is the highest dose I found, it says hi potency, but compared to the amount in zobaline is very very low

I could find it, but it's very expensive, but if it really works even with the bounces my cat has, I'm willing to try, but some people say it works other's say it doesn't do much, so I'm not sure.

4. Lisa and little

Just make sure it’s Methycobaline and not Cyanocobalamine and that it does not contain sugar. A lot of the B12 supplements on the market contain sugar

5. Aili

Aili Member

yeah, is methycobaline, but one pill is 1000 micrograms, I think that's 1 mg, so I should give him more than one pill right?
    thanks for your help

Last edited: Sep 2, 2023
  6. Lisa and little

The ones I have are 3mg

7. Aili

Aili Member

Thanks a lot, I'll give him 3 pills then, see how it goes