Hi all. Im newbie.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by linamiles, Sep 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linamiles

linamiles Guest

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

WELCOME TO FDMB! Lina? So glad you found us!
    Since you asked:
    New? How You Can Help Us Help You!

We are a dedicated community of kitty cat lovers all sharing one big hurdle, feline diabetes. Theres a wealth of information here with good people to help you navigate it all.

WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY! :bighug:

jeanne

3. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

I’ve never heard of this but I think it is probably one of those occasional ideas that you should be wary of. It most likely isn’t suitable for cats anyway. Are you treating a diabetic cat? We adhere to tried and tested procedures and people here will be happy to help if you would like to ask any questions relating to FD and your kitty :)

4. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Oh how I wished this was for cats but I have to agree it seems like more of a theory that science. Many very wise people here to help you....diabetic cats need care asap as it is hard to reverse damage rather than preventing it-can we help you?:bighug:

5. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

From a review of the book (emphasis mine):

"Mr. Whitfield found the answer in Greece. He was amazed that not one of his Greek co-workers have diabetes or showing signs of this degenerative disease. One of his co-workers said that their secret was Greek homemade dressings.
    Some of the ingredients used in making these dressings are:
    • Kohlrabi
    • Marjoram
    • Broccoli sprouts
    • Others: bergamot oranges, berries, Grecian laurel leaves, Greek fruits, herbs, jujubes, and seeds..."

Some reviews of 'Halki' say it is a "scam". :rolleyes:

6. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

Yes I saw that too - definitely a scam for humans let alone cats, who I can’t imagine taking kindly to being offered Greek salad dressings ;)

7. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

The factors that help manage feline diabetes optimally are well known. And you can learn them here for free. :cat:
    These factors are hometesting of blood glucose, low carb diet, and an insulin that helps get the blood glucose under good control.
    With good care, and just a little luck, a diabetic cat can live as long and as healthily as a non-diabetic cat.
    And quite a few cats have the potential to go into remission from their diabetes and become diet-controlled diabetics, temporarily or permanently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.