Hey everyone! (xpost from L/L)

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Andy & Pimp, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Andy & Pimp

Andy & Pimp Well-Known Member

Hi to all my old friends here and the new ones as well! :)

One of my good friends' cats (Renji, 17f) has been diagnosed back in October. She's using prozinc. I've been advising a little bit but I understand the dosing isn't quite the same as L/L.

I personally am wondering if she's a bit over her ideal dose.

Here's her spreadsheet:

Renji's Prozinc SS

I did post this in the L/L group as well.
    Any input is appreciated !

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Hi Andy

I’ve been off the board and just saw this. I’m sorry you didn’t get a response but hope you did on LL. How are you doing and has your friend joined here?

Andy & Pimp likes this.
  3. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I have all kinds of questions for your friend. What kind of diet is the kitty eating and what is the feeding schedule. What kind of meter is being used to test the BG? Are the syringes being used U-40 syringes? Any history of DKA or ketones? Who has been guiding the dosing decisions? The doses are being changed frequently at times- so what are the criteria used to determine the dose? What are your friend’s goals for the BG ( target BG range?). Sorry for all those questions. I just was looking at the spreadsheet and trying to think through a bunch of stuff.

Andy & Pimp likes this.
  4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I also never saw this post and I am dreadfully sorry that I didn’t. I guess Marje’s reply bumped your thread to the top of the forum so that’s why I saw it today. I’m sorry. I would never purposefully leave anyone hanging when they’re looking for help.

Andy & Pimp likes this.
  5. Andy & Pimp

Andy & Pimp Well-Known Member

Hi Marje! Doing pretty good, time sure flies when life gets busy. New furbabies are almost 7 years old already! No she hasn't joined here but i will give her another push ;)
    Hi Suzanne! Renji is supposed to be eating merrick purrfect bistro patte's. Her meter is a relion. u-40 syringes. No history of dka. I should tell her to get some ketone strips and test. The vet started her on 2 units and we moved down from there. I have been guiding as much as i can but i have no experience with prozinc. From what i understand it can be shot on a sliding scale appropriate for the preshot numbers. She has been skipping shots more than we would like but we talked about that.

Cheers to you ladies!