Has anyone used a tiny portable fridge to keep insulin cold.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kristafm, Sep 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristafm

Kristafm New Member

I found a tiny protable fridge on Amazon the reviews are hit or miss anyone used this for storing cats insulin on a 12 hour road trip or am i betteg off buying a cooler and ice pack?

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I would get both if something happens to the little fridge you'll have a back up.:cool:

ETA I just reread your post. With mixed reviews I'd just go with the cooler and ice packs.

3. Kristafm

Kristafm New Member

Have you traveled with the ice packs before it works out well? It'll be more like 15 hours with stops.

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes I have but NOT with insulin on board. They work just fine to keep water or drinks cold. but would need changing out probably every 4-5 hours.

ETA: We use to freeze the water bottles and use the ice packs. You cant do that with insulin:p

5. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Look into the FRIO wallets - they can be used for travel, lots of people use them to keep their insulin cool on the go. I always had one on-hand since we got power outages often in the summer. Never had to use it though. No ice necessary, just cool water beforehand.

6. Kristafm

Kristafm New Member

Thank you ill look into it.

7. Kristafm

Kristafm New Member

I looked it up thats fantastic thank you we are military so travel is a big part of our life!!! Ill will be buying those.

8. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

I second the recommendation for the Frio pouches.

Mogs

9. Kristafm

Kristafm New Member

Yup i watched a video im sold lol

10. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Years ago I was in a flat where the room temperature could hit 38 Celsius in the summer. I had a fridge that was well past its prime at the time and it couldn't cope with that heat at all. That's when I got a Frio pouch for Saoirse's insulin. Even in those conditions the pouch kept the vial nice and cool.

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.