? Has any one used Entyce appetite stimulant on their diabetic cat

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Teresa & Buddy, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

Buddy, saw a different vet on Friday and she gave him Entyce for an appetite stimulant. On friday he would even eat the food I had been force feeding him with, most of the time he will not get close to it. This vet also took his prednisone down to 1/4 tablet every 12 hours and he had been taking 1/2. I called today and they seemed to think it was the pred dose, but at times I have skipped the pred dose and I did not notice a difference. Today, he has no appetite.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry I have never heard of it. I use Fortiflora exclusively as a appetite stimulant. Zoe (not diabetic) loves the stuff :rolleyes:

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

This is a link to information on appetite stimulants. There are two things that stood out to me. First, Entyce has not been well researched for use in cats and second, the side effects especially the cardiac related side effects are concerning. They need to do more research. Personally, I don't think cats are small dogs. Perhaps you could ask your vet for an appetite stimulant (cyproheptadine or mirtazepine) that well established for use in cats. This is a link to some non-medication options for stimulating a cat's appetite.

Just an FYI - steroids, such as prednisone typically increase appetite. I doubt that it's the red that's causing a loss of appetite.

Do they have any idea why your kitty isn't eating. Did they do labs?

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.