halleluiah!!! I finally got the nerve to get a BG on bear tonightt!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bear's Mama, Mar 19, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bear's Mama

Bear's Mama Member

Well I poked him at 7:30 PM +9 hrs. since his insulin this AM at 10:30. he is due again for his shot at 10:30 PM. He had eaten his dinner of American Journey crunchies with FF Grilled Beef, about a Tb. at 5:30 PM. so it was 381.

I was so excited, he was dozing in his bed, I took out the 26G lancet, free-hand. put a tiny bit of vaseline on his ear, not to much as to disturb him, and poked him trying to keep the bevel up, didn't look like I got anything and I was ready to go again, then I saw the tiny drop of blood, felt like I was in slow motion at the point.o_O forgot the cotton pad, then remembered it, brought the Relion up to his ear to catch the blood, thought I read it comes on auto when I push the strip in, but it didn't, then I had to turn it on and wait the 5 sec...I had already dropped the lancet so I couldn't use it, as Jacques suggested, to bring the blood to the strip, by that time Bear was trying to get out of his bed, but I held on with the "Vulcan grip", for about 20 sec. for the bleeding to stop, then I let go of him, and he was under the couch. At that point I put a purebites under with him, and he came out 1 hour later. :)

Here are his 2 previous curves at vet office in Dec. on Prozinc 4U and then Jan. changed to Vetsulin this was 2 U he is now on 3 U.

upload_2023-3-19_21-37-43.png

2. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

You're doing very good !! The more you'll poke, the easier it will be for your and for your little bear!

Bear's Mama likes this.
  3. Melinda and Kitkat

Melinda and Kitkat Member

One down!!!!! Congratulations! That first one is always the hardest on the nerves :bighug:. many more to go,,,, but they get easier now that you know you can do it!!!!! ;)

Bear's Mama likes this.
  4. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to the vampire club. :D

Bear's Mama likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.