My cat Theo is 7 and I started prozinc 6 days ago while on purina wet food (not low carb yet) and his glucoses on the libre sensor ranged 250-350 consistently. To do things one at a time, I began prozinc 1 unit twice daily and he would drop to high 100s (great!) then slowly go back to 300s. His graphs were a perfect V shape.
3 days in, I made the switch to the DM pate and chunk food from purina prescription and he sampled the dry option one day as a snack. Since then, his glucoses have been “HI” above 400 and only come down to low 300s with his prozinc.
Any ideas as to why this is happening?? I thought the food switch would help and not hurt. It’s been 3 days and he is still running high and it’s scary because I thought I was doing everything right.
3 days in, I made the switch to the DM pate and chunk food from purina prescription and he sampled the dry option one day as a snack. Since then, his glucoses have been “HI” above 400 and only come down to low 300s with his prozinc.
Any ideas as to why this is happening?? I thought the food switch would help and not hurt. It’s been 3 days and he is still running high and it’s scary because I thought I was doing everything right.
