Furbaby started on new regimen.. Wondering if doing ok; help. (CONT.)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by kitten68, Apr 26, 2024.

1. kitten68

kitten68 Member

hiii :)
    just want to thank everyone for their kindness and responses.. me and the furry baby appreciate the advice and help sm.

advised to start a new thread so new thread here we go. :)

some updates: finished setting up the SS and signature and filled it in as best I could :) will try to check my records make sure numbers ok but pretty sure they are.. did my best filling it out for 1st time. double checked too.. *cries

I posted a question on whether to increase dose in evening too as the doses are uneven now AM/PM.. was (1 U/2x) now (1.5 U/1 U) and numbers seemingly better on slight increase (1 --> 1.5).. was gonna ask vet. thinking dosage should be equal so things are level throughout 24 hrs (???).. but not sure if 4 days to determine this is too soon. I would really like to increase but am seeing..

just thank you again for this community. :)

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

3. kitten68

kitten68 Member

oops! yes should link too thanks.. :cat: did put the new link on the old post..

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Tagging a member who is familiar with Vetsulin to take a look at your SS
    @Suzanne & Darcy
    One thing you need to be getting note tests in during the day and at night after PMPS. You are only seeing half the picture .
    Is it possible for you to do that

5. kitten68

kitten68 Member

I'm afraid of stressing him too much.. so far testing has been ok. will try to work up to that..

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Diana's suggestion is a good one. Vetsulin can work very quickly and drop numbers fast. I would encourage you to get a curve sometime soon. With a curve, you need to test every 2 hours. The point of a curve is so you have an idea of when onset and nadir occur and how much duration you're getting from your insulin. There's some variation for every cat. It looks like you're getting some tests at +6. The typical low point in the cycle (nadir) with Vetsulin is at around +4 or +5.

7. kitten68

kitten68 Member

i dont want to depress and make him more miserable rn.. doing more then what am. process rn is to just get him used to testing PS.. cuz generally he has always disliked being fussed over and prodded.. just glad PS are good. that def needs doing. understand.. but doing what am able rn. when can, will try..