? Frozen Feeder Mice? Dr Elsey's? Young Again?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by HereKittyKittyKitty, Apr 25, 2024.

1. HereKittyKittyKitty

HereKittyKittyKitty Member

In the fairly near future, I'm planning on adopting a pair of kittens or (preferably) older kittens/young adults, who have been house broken (don't want to damage a rental or declaw)

About how many frozen feeder mouse/mice would I need to thaw and feed each kitten per day? Would they need to be spaced out, like one in the morning and one in the evening?

Is there such a thing as freeze dried feeder mice, so I could rehydrate and feed, and wouldn't have to contend with a freezer and electricity?

In the event either or both of the above are too expensive, is Dr Elsey's or Young Again OK for non-diabetic kittens/cats?

Trying to avoid dehydration, kidney disease, diabetes. etc.

Thank you.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The last time this topic came up was in 2016. This is a link to the discussion.

Any food that is recommended for a diabetic is fine for a non-diabetic. The low carbohydrate diet is based on cats being obligate carnivores. They do not need carbohydrates in their diet. I'd suggest taking a look at this website on feline nutrition.