From Hypo To Serial Poker, Figuring Bear Out

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by EllieRuthanne, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EllieRuthanne

EllieRuthanne Member

I'm actually leaning towards that.
    Nan & Amber said you had experience using a fact-acting insulin. I was wondering if you had any advice, mainly concerning his feeding and timing?
    When we first started, we would put his bowl of food down and give him his shot all in one go. That's what our vet told us to do with ProZinc and we were never told to change.
    Lately, after being here and hearing that I should be waiting at least 30 minutes due to Novolin N being fast acting, that's what I've been doing, but not from the time he is done eating.
    He and his brothers take about 20 minutes to finish their food, especially because I'm constantly moving one cat or another back to his bowl. (We don't have the options to put them in separate rooms.)
    Now, I check his blood glucose level at 9:30 AM/PM then put their food down. At 10:00 AM/PM I give him his shot (if he gets one).
    He doesn't seem to be spiking or seriously dropping, but is this okay?

2. EllieRuthanne

EllieRuthanne Member

(And yes, after tonight, I will start a new thread if I need to check in again. :))

3. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Bear's spreadsheet is a lovely thing to behold, lol! He's really doing well. Keep up the good work!
    Did he like the catnip star?

4. EllieRuthanne

EllieRuthanne Member

Thank you. And yes, he loved it! Two of his favorite things, catnip and feathers.
    I actually took pictures (no surprise :p):

[​IMG]

Him and catnip do not make for a graceful photo. Lol.
    Thank you again.

5. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Awww, he's so adorable! Glad he liked it! Catnip is always a big hit in our house, too, lol.
    You are very welcome. :bighug:

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I see everything was good. I usually opted to push it too for the sake of lower numbers. Lol. When I suggest to others I am a bit more conservative. Ha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.