Freestyle libre

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jade Green, Mar 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade Green

Jade Green New Member

For those of you using the freestyle libre on your cat can you show me the location you placed it where the cat was NOT able to lick it off or scratch it off? I am on my third in 2 weeks as he always finds a way to dislodge it. Please post picture. Enormous thank you!!!

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I use a harness to protect the sensor. I moved the harness a little so you could see the sensor.
    Wig-sensor-side.jpeg

You should also joint the FB group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/libreforpets
    for using the sensor on dogs and cats. They have good instructions.
    What shaver are you using? Do you use SkinTac? Vet tissue glue cause more problems than it helps.

4. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

I would recommend that you place it higher up on the body, on the side right behind the shoulder blade. Your cat still might be able to reach it but that was a good location for Tessa when we used the Libre.

[​IMG]

You will want to cover it somehow because even if you get a perfect placement, the sensor can get snagged on things. There are tons of great tips in the group that Larry and Kitties posted. I also have some (mostly grabbed from that group, some brainstormed on my own) in this google doc I made:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...f13UiOiEM-6MsrFNpR9ztaPawF6dLk2b906QZ6VP6/pub

Skin Tac during application definitely makes a big difference too. Skin Tac and a pet shirt were all I needed to keep Tessa's sensor on, I initially thought I'd need to do more but over time I realized that the extras were overkill for her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.