Footfoot's BG spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by HelenR, Oct 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelenR

HelenR Member

Hi all. I didn't need to leave my husband to do the shots for Footfoot this week, as I came down with a nasty cold and couldn't go away for my work briefing! :-/ So we'll be crossing that bridge when we come to it, some other time.
    However, what do you all think of her spreadsheet? I realise I'm doing the Modified Prozinc Method all wrong, I haven't been raising after 6 cycles, but I'll admit to not fully understand the hows and whys of it. Are we supposed to achieve a certain window of BG readings before raising?
    I haven't managed to do so much testing while I've been ill - but her numbers are looking pretty good the last couple of days. She seems well - she was leaping around last night after a feathers-on-string toy. :)

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@FrostD

3. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Actually you are holding this dose for now, given today's numbers. Pretty much right where you want them, perhaps a smidge low so just be sure to keep an eye on him. As long as he's seeing green, hold. If you go more than 3 days without seeing green then you'd consider an increase (as long as he's not bouncing).

*Drop below 50 earns a 0.25U reduction

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  4. HelenR

HelenR Member

Thanks so much, Melissa!

FrostD likes this.
  5. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

@HelenR at this point, you might want to consider posting daily threads over on the ProZinc forum where there are people hanging around who are very familiar with PZ and the modified dosing method you are following:

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/prozinc-pzi.24/

To be clear, there's nothing wrong with continuing to post the occasional thread here in the Introduction/General Feline Health forum if that is what you prefer. But the insulin-specific forums can be very helpful and there are usually more eyeballs on those threads.

6. Shelley & Jess

Shelley & Jess Member

I'm concerned about those lower numbers while still feeding dry and yes, a closer eye needs to be kept on her cycles.

It was best for Footfoot to follow MPM for dose increases at the start while feeding dry because of special circumstance/because of ketones present - Melissa @FrostD mentioned this right from the start.

For anyone new/new to Footfoots journey/reading please be reminded SLGS should be followed when feeding dry food.

7. HelenR

HelenR Member

Ah, thanks! Will do!

8. HelenR

HelenR Member

Thanks Shelley. Actually her diet is more wet than dry now - I've just edited the signature to better reflect it. Her 10am and 10pm pre-shot meals are about 60/40 wet to dry, her other meals are more like 80/20 as I'm trying not to give her too much kibble. I could lower the amount of kibble further, if you think it's safe now? I was advised not to change her diet too rapidly.
    The meals are getting more spaced out now that she isn't ravenous all the time - today it was 3pm (+5) before she wanted her 2nd meal! She'll most likely get another one around 7-7.30pm and then her main evening meal post-shot at around 10pm. Then a top up when I test her at midnight, and I leave a meal for her in the automatic feeder overnight, to open at 5am.
    I'll start a new thread over on the Prozinc board, as suggested by Kyle.

Shelley & Jess likes this.
  9. HelenR

HelenR Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.