? Food recommendations

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

Good morning. I realized when Milo crawled into bed with me that he must be feeling better. He was up, wandering around chirping at me this morning. Unfortunately he’s still not very interested in eating though I switched his raw food to duck (second time on beef was a disaster yesterday though he tolerated it well the first time?!?!)

Yesterday Milo was high all day (new dose wonkiness?) and vomiting. This morning AMPS: 171. It’s the first time he’s been in the blue zone before his shot. Day 3 on an increase of Lantus to 3.25.

Could I have some food recommendations that I can get in Canada to perhaps mix with his raw food as he’s not very interested right now? I thought when my vet recommended Hill’s it was the right move. I see now it is not. I have no access to a pet store within an hour of home. However, tomorrow I am going to the city for my own medical appointment so I want to pick up 1) LC wet food to entice him to eat 2)higher carb “just in case” wet food if he dips too low. There are so many choices, I’m not sure the best way to go.
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/08-03-vomiting-milo.233149/#post-2605488

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You might want to add food suggestions in your subject and also post on the main forum. I’m not in Canada so can’t help. Do you think he vomited from the duck? Have you tried venison or kangaroo? I wish I could get kangaroo where I live but it’s not allowed due to animal cruelty they claim.

3. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

Thank you for your suggestions. I will do just that. Yesterday Milo vomited from the beef and then even the canned food later on in the day. I think his system was still not in good shape from the beef. Later on I tried the duck and he ate a small amount and held it down. This morning he seemed hungry but wouldn’t touch the duck until I mixed a bit of Hill’s canned with it. Unfortunately that’s all I have at the moment as I’m not close to any stores.
    I was almost less stressed when I first started Lantus and he was hungry all the time. I know that’s not normal either but the gradual decrease in his appetite is disconcerting as he’s still underweight, I think by a couple of pounds at least.