Follow up-Help with dosing-Pumpkins

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by KAC, Dec 13, 2020.

1. KAC

KAC Member

Please take a look at my spreadsheet. I did 2 18 hr curves this weekend. I'm going to try and get a mid cycle at night this week. It's my last week before my holiday break and then I can do more.

**Also I started the cabergoline Saturday morning 0.05 dose. so far no side effects.
    Zolbaline will be here Tuesday. Fingers crossed that it helps with his legs.

Please let me know what you guys think about his numbers.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Nice to finally see a couple yellows.
    I think you are holding your doses too long and he's getting used to the dose he's on and gaining resistance. Id be upping a dose not working every few days. This would need consistently getting a mid cycle number.

KAC likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You will likely get faster help from Lantus folks if you post for dosing help in the Lantus/Basaglar/Levemir forum.

I think you can increase to 14 units tomorrow.

Regarding the cabergoline, what does a 0.05 dose mean? Is that ml or mcg? And how much does Pumpkin weigh? Cabergoline is dosed by weight of cat.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    JanetNJ likes this.
  4. KAC

KAC Member

This is what it says on the label. CABERGOLINE 0.05 MG/ML SUSPENSION
    GIVE PUMPKIN 1.0 MLS ONCE DAILY (SEE SYRINGE)
    He has gotten bigger. He weighs about 16 pounds. Used home scale.
    Doc wanted to start on lower dose to maybe help with tummy upset. He had diarrhea today.
    I will post in Lantus forum too.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The standard dose of cabergoline that most people are using is 10 mcg/kg of weight. At 16 lbs, Pumkin is 7 1/4 kg, meaning he should be getting 70 mcg. The 1 ml of 0.05 mg/ml liquid means he's getting about 50 mcg, so a little low.