? Fluid over load

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Teresa & Buddy, Jul 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

This is not about diabetes, but about a civvie that I was giving fluids. I was giving my 13 lb cat, who is dehydrated fluids and my Mother was supposed to be watching while I held him. I turned around and saw that he had taken 200 units of fluids, I am scared to death. Has this happened to anyone here and what was the out come. I live in a small town and none of the vets are in after hours, I can't call and ask any questions because they are all closed. I hope someone knows a little about this.

2. StarburstMom

StarburstMom Member

My cat got fluids on Saturday and according to the invoice it was 300 mls. I don't know if that was accurate or just the minimum they put on the invoice (like "up to 300") but it did look like a lot. She did act a bit out of it for the rest of the day. I would keep an eye on him. The Tanya's ckd page covered this but it honestly made me more scared at the time.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

It's more than he should have but it won't hurt him one time. The only thing that would concern me is if he has heart problems... Then it can be an issue. Otherwise just one time he should be ok.

4. Teresa & Buddy

Thank you, for the reply. I will check Tanya's Ckd page I did not think of that. Good health to your sugar baby.

5. Teresa & Buddy

Thank you. As far as I know he does not have heart problems and he is a big cat. I lost Buddy on 1/27/21 and another one on 7/10/21, so I am really worried about everything.

JanetNJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.