First 12 Hour Curve + He Ate the Tail Off of a Toy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cat Mom97, Feb 18, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cat Mom97

Cat Mom97 Member

So I decided to spend today doing a curve, something I'd asked about in one of my last posts [Follow-Up with the Vet (Update Post)]. The numbers aren't looking too bad, I think. All is updated on the spreadsheet.

Just fed him dinner and (as you'll see in the remarks for today) Mus ate the tail off of a mouse toy that he was able to sneak out of his old toy box. Looks like the tail was tissue papery (about 2 inches or so? Maybe less?). Spoke to one of the Chewy vets and sent pictures of the toy in question. They say to keep an eye on him and that he'll more than likely be okay, but to be on the look out for any symptoms and check his litter box. So far he is acting and eating just fine.

Should I test his glucose again after his dinner? If so, how long should I wait?

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Tagging Bron for you since I saw in your previous post which you added above she asked you to let her know how the curve went
    @Bron and Sheba (GA)

3. Cat Mom97

Cat Mom97 Member

Thank you, Diane! :bighug:

4. Cat Mom97

Cat Mom97 Member

Update: Decided to test him 3 hours later.

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Well done getting that curve. It has great information in it. So far today he has been in normal BG numbers.
    Yes getting a BG three hours after the PM meal is good because if the pancreas is working at all, the BG should go down...and it has.
    Did you give him any small snacks during the day apart from the treat after testing?

Diane Tyler's Mom and Cat Mom97 like this.
  6. Cat Mom97

Cat Mom97 Member

I decided not to give him snacks outside of his treats because I wasn't sure when to give them or how they would affect the curve. What are the best times for a snack within cycles?

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

You can give snack any time especially if you are not giving insulin. If you are giving insulin, during the first 6 or 7 hours is better.
    If you are giving insulin it is only the 2 hours before the dose that you need to withhold the food.

Cat Mom97 likes this.
  8. Cat Mom97

Cat Mom97 Member

Thank you! I’ll keep that in mind! :cat:

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  9. Cat Mom97

Cat Mom97 Member

Small update: He passed the toy tail today! All good!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.