FF Gourmet Naturals carb content

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by A Fae, Oct 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fae

A Fae Member

Ben is well and surfing mostly PMBG 86.
    I finally found Fancy Feast Gourmet Naturals Pate carbohydrates on a dry matter basis from CHEWY.
    It's been very hard finding the carb content of the newer Gourmet Naturals, I couldn't even get the "dry matter basis" from Purina, they only gave me the "as fed" amount. Chewy does the best they can researching and answering customer questions. I finally found some of the info I was searching for.
    I wanted to share with other members as the list we refer to does not have Gourmet Naturals content yet.

Fancy Feast’s Gourmet Naturals Variety Pack 12 cans
    White Meat Chicken, Beef, Wild Alaskan Salmon, and Trout & Tuna
    Carb content on a dry matter basis.

PATE
    Beef Recipe Carbohydrate content of 3% as frd and 13.63% on a dry matter basis.

Trout & Tuna Recipe Carbohydrate content of 2% as fed and 9.09% on a dry matter basis.

White Meat Chicken Recipe Carbohydrate content of 2.7% as fed and 12.27% on a dry matter basis.

IN GRAVY
    Wild Alaskan Salmon & Shrimp Recipe in Gravy
    Carbohydrate content of 1.40% as fed and 7.0% on a Dry Matter basis.

White Meat Chicken Recipe in Gravy
    Carbohydrate content of 1.4% as fed and 7.1% on a dry matter basis.

Fancy Feast Gourmet Naturals Beef Recipe in Gravy
    Carbohydrate content of approximately 2.2%. ("as fed" would be about 13% on a dry matter basis)

INFORMATION FROM CHEWY.COM WEBSITE

Attached Files:

Ann & Sister likes this.
  2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Noe that since the % carbs is very different between as fed and dry matter basis means that the % is weight %. Dr Lisa's food chart has the % calories as % of total calories from carbs, On a weight basis fat has more carbs than protein and carbs so the % calories from carbs is laser than the % carbs by weight on dry matter basis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.