! Fat Dose!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CORKY, Mar 8, 2024.

1. CORKY

CORKY Member

Suzanne and I made the decision of continuing the FAT dose for Corky, his blue numbers are quite consistent, but not as low as they should be, or green numbers, today as he's done like other times, he is spiraling a bit quick, @ +2=213 @ +4=125. I know I always ask too soon, but he just might be in the two digits by PMPS, and yes, I have read the ProZinc Protocol over and over again, and yet I need to hear it from the experts, if this happens, how low is it ok to shoot PMPS his 0.75F dose?? (now that is a Fat dose), I feel stupid asking this question quite often and panicking at the last minute begging to be helped ASAP, when I know not everyone is on this Forum page constantly, when I start seeing at +4 the sudden decrease, I want to be prepared in time for the PMPS, since I tend to panic by +10 and now is a fat dose. it's been my fear always, to over dose.

Shell likes this.
  2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Breathe. The chances of Corky in 2-digit numbers by PMPS is slim.

You've got a nice cycle going. I'm hoping he'll hit dark greens for a bit.
    Don't panic and high carb him if if he does. He's perfectly safe and that is where healing of the pancreas begins to take place - in the dark greens.

Shell and CORKY like this.
  3. Red & Rover (GA)

You can feed him small amounts (a tsp or two) of low carb. This encourages a surf rather than a deep dive.

Save the high carbs for the light greens.

You know what to do. You've got this.

CORKY likes this.
  4. CORKY

CORKY Member

:bighug::bighug::cat::cat:;)

5. Red & Rover (GA)

:D
    Feed a tsp or two of low carb.

CORKY likes this.
  6. CORKY

CORKY Member

Done.

7. Red & Rover (GA)

You can get a +7 reading just to satisfy curiosity.

8. CORKY

CORKY Member

Oh for sure today is going to almost an hourly check, especially after +4 thanks :bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
  9. Red & Rover (GA)

I've got a huge piece of writing on my desk to attend to but I'll check in every so often. Corky should start to rise on his own soon.

Tagging @Suzanne & Darcy so she'll have time to look over the numbers today. It's been a lovely cycle so far.

Shell, Suzanne & Darcy and CORKY like this.
  10. CORKY

CORKY Member

I GOT THIS!!! You and Suzanne taught me how to stay strong!!! for my Corky!!
    :bighug::bighug:;);):D:cat::cat:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  11. Red & Rover (GA)

Put your feet up for a couple of hours, Maria.

CORKY and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  12. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Today’s cycle is perfection! He did not go down too quickly. It took four hours to get that blue at +4. Remember to keep to the feeding schedule of first LC snack at +2 and more at +4 (can do a teaspoon LC at +3 too if you’re concerned) and no food after +6.

13. Suzanne & Darcy

Especially remember no food after +6. I don’t want to shorten the duration and cause him to rose too quickly.

Red & Rover (GA) and CORKY like this.
  14. CORKY

CORKY Member

Gotcha !

15. Suzanne & Darcy

Everything okay with Corky tonight, Maria? I don’t see a spreadsheet update for this evening.

16. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@CORKY
    Hi Maria anyway you can move your 2024 tab all the way to the left so when we look at your SS that's the first one that comes up :cat:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
    Suzanne & Darcy and CORKY like this.
  17. CORKY

CORKY Member

Done if you look at Corky's SS he is in high yellow I did what Red & Rover suggested, which I thought it was a good move , I put 1/2 tsp of Md Carb, actually in his PMPS meal but now he is back on high yellows, again, will continue my constant monitoring, we'll see what 10PM brings, I was kinda smiling at the green

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  18. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@CORKY
    Thanks for moving the tab Maria, He did have a nice AM cycle today :cat:

CORKY likes this.
  19. CORKY

CORKY Member

I am! Thanks!!:bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  20. Red & Rover (GA)

I did? Why?

21. CORKY

CORKY Member

No you are not to blame for anything, yours and Suzanne's advise are the one I truly follow, I get ahead of myself with low numbers , I just can't get it thru my thick head that those low numbers is where he should be, its just that he starts spiraling down either right before his PMPS or just on his last test when we are ready to go to sleep, see with the FreeLibre2 I had such horrific experiences, with the monitor's alarm going off in the middle of the night like his BG was lower than 60 and now there is no alarm, which is great, I became traumatized by it, that and the one night that Suzanne and I were testing since 8PM till 4:30AM due to a low 30 were were both frantic, or at least I was. but you're great you did what I might have not done and give high carbs instead, so thanks to you he did not go in the red as he did last week. without you guys I am lost, I am a brave and secure woman but when it comes to Corky's shot, I get very very weak thinking I might hurt him instead of doing right. You have an great weekend if I need you guys I haler:bighug::bighug::bighug::cat::cat:;)!

22. Suzanne & Darcy

Maria, can you please start writing down what and when you feed Corky - especially if it’s not his regular LC food or treats? Put it in the notes section. No medium carb was necessary for all of today. Only low carb. And no food after +6

when did you give medium carb today or this evening? I’m sure it was just a misunderstanding about the MC. But I would like to know when so we can see what the effect was on the cycle.

CORKY and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  23. Suzanne & Darcy

And please don’t worry. I will check in with you this weekend and he is going to do very well. It was fantastic to see Corky have a nadir of 90 today. I was really pleased about it. That’s due to the fattened dose

CORKY likes this.
  24. CORKY

CORKY Member

I began to write the remarks last afternoon and forgot to mention that it is not allowing me notes, I get ERROR! I gave @+7 1 tsp of Mc right after the 96 BG . I have always fed 4 meals at AMPS at 6PM at +6 small meal and PMPS 6PM and at +4 small meal, this has been the routine, always, today he woke up high but going down, is it that he need more insulin? or less food? or I am doing something wrong?

25. Suzanne & Darcy

You must mean +6 when he has the BG of 90. That is what I see on yesterday’s spreadsheet. You definitely did not want to give him anything other than Low Carb when he hit 90. Remember, 90 is good and is not dangerous and we don’t want to give any food at all after +6. We fattened the dose so we could get him into the greens a bit and hopefully lower his blue down as well. I was disappointed that he didn’t stay in the green for very long and I was kind of wondering why. Now I understand if medium carb was given. But we live and learn, right? He had a lovely cycle and we will be happy with that!

As for your question about the pink AMPS today— He has these pink AMPS periodically. It’s not you doing anything wrong. Look at the AMPS numbers from 2/28, 3/2, 3/6. He went on to have lower numbers on those days and he’s coming down today, too.

CORKY likes this.
  26. CORKY

CORKY Member

Thanks for the explanation. Right now we are on two greens in a row, how low can he be if I need to take action and if he stays on greens what do I do and how much on PMPS? I was going to go to Publix for a bit I decided to test him first just like I do before I leave the house which is always ayer 12pm to be safe and I rather stay if I could have an input would becgreat:bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

27. Red & Rover (GA)

The "take action" number is 50.
    High greens is a lovely place for Corky to hang out.
    The longer he stays there, the better.
    Feed small amounts of low carb only.

Since the 97 is at +3, you might want to wait until Corky starts to come up on his own before you head out.

Yay for green two days in a row!

Suzanne & Darcy and CORKY like this.
  28. CORKY

CORKY Member

today, 3 greens,!!!! so far and I plan to keep it that way. now, what if by PMPS let's say two hours before, he is still on 2 digit greens or lower than 150, how do I dose, remember he is getting a 0.75F
    this is the time I began to get freaky

29. Red & Rover (GA)

3 greens!

It's too early in the cycle to figure out dosing for tonight. There's plenty of time. No need to freak.

Time to put on your patience pants.

CORKY likes this.
  30. CORKY

CORKY Member

right now I always give the a small meal as Suzanne said if I understood correct, I should not feed. They will be without eating since 6AM so next meal would be ay 6PM that is 12 hours from now is that safe??, I also give them another small meal around 11PM

31. Red & Rover (GA)

I believe Suzanne said no food after +6. It is okay to feed at +6.

32. CORKY

CORKY Member

I am bit confused. 2 +6
    a bit confused we are both on Eastern time, so there are 2 +6 the one at 12PM after AMPS and the 6PM after the PMPS, I was talking about the feeding for 12pm now, see, I told you when it comes to dosing I get freaky:confused:

33. Red & Rover (GA)

The plus sign followed by a number refers to how many hours after the shot. AMPS +6 is 6 hours after the shot.

34. Suzanne & Darcy

Look at those two beautiful greens. Those are high greens so do not worry. And now I see he’s in blue. Go to Publix.

35. Suzanne & Darcy

It’s okay to give Corky a small meal of two teaspoons of low carb food at the +6 hour (six hours after his shot.)

CORKY likes this.
  36. Suzanne & Darcy

This makes no sense to me. How could they be without eating since 6 a.m. ? Corky is supposed to get daily snacks of a teaspoon or two of low carb food at two hours after his shot (+2) and four hours after his shot (+4). Then if you give him another small LC snack at six hours after his morning shot he would have eaten a total of 4 times in the daytime cycle.

37. CORKY

CORKY Member

That is exactly what I was questioning, he never goes without eating ever 6 hours, now he missed hos 12PM small meal on account of my confusion, I gave him a few treats from FF that look like chocolate they are beef, chicken, salmon flavors, I still had a few left, I didn't think that was right, yet his Bg got lower and even began to rise still confused they eat 2 reg meals and two small meals in between shots, so I definitely misunderstood, Suzanne if he's lower than 150, right this second he is 111 is 3 hours from PMPS if and when, how do I handle the dose please enlighten me before 6:00PM
    he hasn't really eaten so his BG is not going to go up right? I am sorry:banghead:

38. Red & Rover (GA)

Shot time – feed meal
    2 hours after (which is +2) – snack: a tsp or two of low carb food
    4 hours after (which is +4) – snack: a tsp or two of low carb food
    6 hours after (which is +6) – snack: tsp or two of low carb food

Corky is having a nice, gentle rise.

CORKY likes this.
  39. Suzanne & Darcy

Hey. No worries! Remember their feeding schedule is:

Shot time 6 a.m. and regular size low carb meal.
    8 a.m. small low carb meal snack
    10 a.m. small low carb meal snack
    12 Noon small low carb meal snack

LC treats given with every single test. Okay?

40. CORKY

CORKY Member

thanks but you are still not let me know about the dose even though, he might be under 150 still shoot the 0.75F?

41. Suzanne & Darcy

Let’s see where Corky is at 5:00 p.m.
    I’m about to throw you another curve ball. Don’t panic because it’s not a big deal. Have you adjusted Corky’s shot time this week to prepare for tonight when we set our clocks one hour forward for daylight savings time?

42. CORKY

CORKY Member

no I totally forgot about the time change, refresh my memory, I believe I should shoot 15 minutes earlier? tell me WOW!

43. Suzanne & Darcy

One thing at a time okay? I’m with you. so you understand the feeding schedule that we’ve outlined above? Right? I pretty much thought this was what you already were doing for Corky (and Coco) already but that just for today you were doubting yourself.

So next let’s talk about his shot time for tonight and tomorrow morning (because of the time change tonight.)

CORKY likes this.
  44. CORKY

CORKY Member

ok

45. Suzanne & Darcy

So you need to make a full one hour adjustment to his shot time because we set the clocks ahead one hour

46. CORKY

CORKY Member

he shoots at 6PM so feed and shoot at 5PM?

47. Suzanne & Darcy

I propose shooting one half hour early tonight and one half hour early tomorrow morning? Can you do that? If not, you would either have to shoot one hour early tonight or tomorrow morning

48. Suzanne & Darcy

Which one would be best for you?

49. CORKY

CORKY Member

so 5:30PM tonight instead of 6PM and 5:30AM instead of 6:pM again confused, as you would know right now I am bend out of shape

50. Suzanne & Darcy

Don’t be upset. Lots of people forget about the time change. I’ve had a super busy week taking cats to vets and have been gone a lot or I would have most likely reminded you.

so yes, our plan is:

shoot tonight at 5:30 p.m.
    shoot tomorrow morning at 5:30 a.m. (after you have set your clock ahead tonight.)
    Tomorrow evening shoot at 6:00 p.m. as usual.

51. Suzanne & Darcy

Watch me forget to set my clocks ahead tonight after all this discussion! At least our cell phones will automatically make the change for us, right? (Probably at 2 a.m.)

52. Suzanne & Darcy

Can you test him at 4:00 like you usually do so we can get an idea of where he is? I will be here at 5:30. I will set an alarm on my phone and will check in here on your thread. Then we will decide what to do at 5:30 about his dose. Okay?

53. Suzanne & Darcy

I have to go buy a new computer monitor. I will still be here to talk dose with you at 5:30.

CORKY likes this.
  54. Suzanne & Darcy

You disappeared on me, Maria. What was Corky’s 4:00 test? Or did he just want to surprise me at 5:30 ;)

55. CORKY

CORKY Member

thanks alarms adjusted and set, They'll be happy about tonight's change they are probably starving!! thanks Suzanne, have a great Sunday, but don't glo to far for his PMPS shot I need to be sure how much insulin to give, I'll post you at 5PM:bighug::bighug::bighug::cat::cat:
    4:53 / 111 again sorry I was at my neighbors helping them with something I took my phone with me, but nothing from the Forum came in

56. CORKY

CORKY Member

thanks alarms adjusted and set, They'll be happy about tonight's change they are probably starving!! thanks Suzanne, have a great Sunday, but don't glo to far for his PMPS shot I need to be sure how much insulin to give, I'll post you at 5PM:bighug::bighug::bighug::cat::cat:
    5pm / 111still

57. CORKY

CORKY Member

111 /5 PM

58. CORKY

CORKY Member

Suzanne and I were discussing time change so Corky has to feed/dose at 5:30PM

59. Suzanne & Darcy

I’m still here. Well retest at 5:30 and we will see. It’s strange he hasn’t gone up but I guess he hasn’t eaten for a while since he missed his snack at noon. Honestly, with the confusion about the food you could have just gone ahead and fed him as long as it was not two hours before his shot time. But it’s okay (except Corky and Coco are hungry!)

60. Red & Rover (GA)

Was this direction meant only for today?

61. CORKY

CORKY Member

ok! retesting at 5:30 not feed or feed ? I always shoot when he's 1/2 finished with his food while he's eating, they are both staring at me like they want to erase me!, I will test again and get back to you 9 minutes!

62. Suzanne & Darcy

Test, feed and shoot as usual.

63. CORKY

CORKY Member

What???? the 0.75F ????? just tested twice got two different readings 137 the first time 142 the second time! OMG

64. Suzanne & Darcy

It’s okay. Just a moment. We didn’t expect him to jump up all at once did we? Hold on a minute.

65. Suzanne & Darcy

Okay. Just shoot the straight (not fat) dose for tonight. He is going up now and remember that you are shooting 1/2 hour early. To calm your nerves, see on your spreadsheet how just a few nights ago on March 3, you shot him with.75 units when he had a PMPS of 140.

CORKY likes this.
  66. Suzanne & Darcy

So just shoot .75 units, okay?

67. Suzanne & Darcy

Are you with me? You haven’t gotten upset I hope.

68. CORKY

CORKY Member

Can you understand why I become so freaky? he's down for hours then goes right back up or VsVs, he's eating now, I'' shoot in-between, can you find out if anyone else is having trouble logging in the SS remarks, I will continue to check tonight thank you for both of your assistance at least till 12PM to be safe
    for some reason the posts do not come in at the same time on my phone, or on the Forum so I have to go back on the SS then back to the Forum to read new posts
    Then again it could be my nerves:bighug::bighug::(:cat::cat:

69. Suzanne & Darcy

It is natural that he should be rising at the end of the cycle as the ProZinc wears off gradually. It’s good that he has risen up slowly from the 111 to the 137/142 at PMPS time. There’s nothing to be alarmed about at this point. Did Corky enjoy his dinner?

CORKY likes this.
  70. Suzanne & Darcy

@Red & Rover (GA) any idea about why Maria can’t write anything in the notes/comments section of her SS.

71. CORKY

CORKY Member

Oh yes he sure did the whole can!!! Thank you Suzanne you're great and let's not forget Rover

72. Red & Rover (GA)

You shot a 142 on the 10 of February
    No clue. Tagging @Bandit's Mom

73. CORKY

CORKY Member

He’s always fine, is me the one that needs to be peeled off the floor after !

74. Suzanne & Darcy

Neither do I. Good move.

CORKY likes this.
  75. Suzanne & Darcy

Maria, can you start a new thread and link this one to your new thread? This one is over 50 and we don't want it to get too long. Now that you've started the evening cycle, just start a new thread. Name it anything you want to but please put Corky's name in the title of the thread. Okay?

CORKY likes this.
  76. CORKY

CORKY Member

Gotcha!! Thanks

77. Suzanne & Darcy

:)Just please tag me on your new thread. I will look for the tag because I will not get an email telling me about the new thread unless it’s on the ProZinc forum. So just tag me — that will work :)