Fa 9.07 amps 153/+3=268/pmps 207/+5=92/+6=88

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by fafa's mum, Sep 7, 2020.

1. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

2. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

@Wendy&Neko @Bron and Sheba (GA)

We got a 88 at +6 just now. I will do another test later into the night to ensure it’s safe.

Unless her amps is over 180 tomorrow, I would prefer to skip insulin, as I won’t be able to be monitoring Fa in the day time tomorrow. What do you think ?

And if we are to give insulin , we will bring it down from 5 units to 4.75 units . Correct?

Thanks in advance.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes on the 4.75 units reduction. Good luck with the new dose.

As last night showed you when you shot a 207, shooting full dose when over 180 is no guarantee of how the cycle will go. One day, when you are home to monitor, and would otherwise think "skip" and she is over 90, try a half or reduced dose instead, to see how she does. Otherwise, the bounce from last night's greens, plus the skip will send her numbers quite a high. A partial dose will make it not so bad. Also remember than with Levemir, you nadirs are later, and preshots will be lower. But we dose based on how low the dose takes the cats - the preshots aren't a good indicator.

fafa's mum likes this.
  4. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Thanks a lot Wendy for the explanation.

I was thinking to give half a dose if she’s over 90, but she ended up with amps76. I think we can skip ? I was thinking actually if we can give half dose when under 90 ?

Also, the reason I mentioned 180 is that I always feel worried full dose will bring her down too much. Usually her +2 will show she’s going back up before I leave home, but if it does not, i feel uncertain about going to work and leaving her by herself.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, skip if under 90.

fafa's mum likes this.