Fa 18 Oct/amps 326

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by fafa's mum, Oct 18, 2021.

1. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

@Wendy&Neko @Bron and Sheba (GA)

hi ladies. I hope you are both keeping well.

Fa has been a bit high recently and we went on for a biopsy today so I am guessing if they are related.

I been lazy and only managed to update the spreadsheet today so I come up to ask for help now.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi! Good to hear from you. What is being biopsied?
    Please let us know when you hear the result.

3. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Thank you. We started to notice something on her nose last time we went for dental in April. Vet was not concerned then since it looked flat. We decided to leave it. Not sure if it was wound from her scratch herself.

but recently we noticed two more of similar on her face and I decided to take a photo and sent it to our vet. She became concerned on one of them so we quickly booked in for biopsy today.

and turned out she got 6 lumps on her face and vet got our approval to remove all of them and sent one sample of the concerned one to lab. I will know in a few days time.

it seems weird to both vet and me why this happened and six of them. I searched on our Facebook group and some mentioned it might be mast cell tumor but our vet does not think it is that, even though she is not sure either until we have result.

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m sure you must be concerned. Let’s hope it’s nothing to worry about. Be sure to let us know as soon as you know. :bighug:

fafa's mum likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

That PMPS was a surprise! :D We'll keep our fingers crossed for good results.:bighug:

fafa's mum likes this.
  6. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

I was surprised for the pmps too. Vet used short acting insulin during the procedure with our approval as she said Fa’s level was too high.

I did check with vet if we can continue our normal insulin in the evening and she said it’s all good to do that. However , seeing its under 90/5, I was not sure if I should give insulin but since I can monitor at home , I decided to give half better than nothing maybe.

Seeing BG went back up later in the evening , this morning I gave 3.5 units . We been on 3.25 for a while and it seemed not enough and we wanted to increase a few days back but thought we better not change it until after the procedure. Not sure if I made the right decision.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

When you get a lower number under 90 at shot time, you can always wait a little while 15-30 minutes, without feeding, to see if she comes up over 90 for you.

8. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Thanks. I will try to do this next time. :cat: