Fa 12.20/amps 122/+3=139/+6=67/+7=77/+8=90/+10=128/pmps 184/+6=70

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by fafa's mum, Dec 20, 2020.

1. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fa-10-20-amps-304-pmps-346-5-333.237214/

Last post.

@Wendy&Neko Hi Wendy. I hope you have been well.

we have been doing between 4.25 units and 4.75 units lately. Today we reduced the dose from 4.5 units to 4.25 units in pm shot. Based on pmps, I should dose, correct?

I just tested +6 after pm dose and it seems a bit low, so I was wondering if I should have skipped the pm shot.

What do you think ? Also, I will be testing tonight to ensure it’s in the safe range. What dose should I do tomorrow morning? Thanking you in advance Wendy.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi - been a while and I hope Fa is doing well.

SLGS would have you reduce to 4.0 units tomorrow. You reduce immediately if you see an under 90. I wouldn't worry about the preshot value - with Levemir the preshots will be lower. Plus you shot 106 a couple nights ago and she had a great cycle. And there's always a chance she'll bounce after all this nice green.

fafa's mum likes this.
  3. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Thanks very much Wendy. I have given Fa 4 units this morning and tested her before leaving home.

I remember sometime ago we mentioned a situation that we are not supposed to “reduce dose back to back” but I forget what situation that one applies to.

Sometimes it’s easy to forget the details but good to have this forum we can come to get help.

We wish you and all the kind-hearted people here a very blessed Christmas and our fur babies good health in the coming new year!

Regards
    Joey

4. Wendy&Neko

This is sort of a "back to back" reduction, but we only worry about that if you are following TR for dosing. With SLGS, try the reduction for a week (unless she goes lower again), then see if you need to go back up again.

Have a good holiday season yourself. It'll be a quiet one here - only supposed to celebrate with your immediate household this year.

fafa's mum likes this.
  5. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Thanks for the clarification Wendy. I found that it seems to take two weeks on the same dose then Fa will probably have some blue figures . For this reason , I keep the same dose for two weeks minimum recently, also because I cannot be home all the time and I want to be safe. But it actually might cause the figures to stay yellow or pink most of the time during the two weeks. Do you think I should change it to one week?

It’s really not easy this year with the COVID issue. Let’s hope 2021 things will get better.

6. Wendy&Neko

I'd evaluate the dose after a week, provided she doesn't go below 90 before then.

fafa's mum likes this.
  7. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Thanks. I will keep this in my mind and evaluate the new dose after a week.