Ez Complete mix

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MamaLovesMomo, Aug 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MamaLovesMomo

MamaLovesMomo Member

@tiffmaxee, @jt and trouble (GA), @Nan & Amber (GA)

Hello everyone,

sorry to bother you. I started Momo with Ez complete about 5 days ago. She loves it- since it has liver. But, I have noticed that- her BG started to be higher (200+), compared to her numbers when she did not have the Ez mix on her foods.
    - Everything is the same, the dose I gave her before she started ez mix, and same insulin dose after she had this ez mix
    - no other foods where given to her at all.
    - everything else is the same, except this ez mix.
    - before Ez mix, her pre shot numbers were always In less than 100 like 94 or 108, or 88, or 127.
    Now- is 231, 281..
    I am thinking of going back to her usual vitamin supplements like Lisa Pierson advised- B12, Vit E, Omega 3, Taurine- and all other B vitamins.
    Any opinions?

Thank you

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

No bother...I'm not the one to tag for this . Mainly because I have never used raw. As always hold on more replies commin!

3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Me either, wish I could help but I have no experience with raw or this add-in... Is Momo showing any other signs, like a change in litter box habits, that might be related?

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

There’s absolutely nothing in EZ that would raise the bg. It is lower phosphorus and does not contain any carbs at all. Something else is the cause.i have a bag here and just read through t ingredients and definitely no carbs.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  5. MamaLovesMomo

MamaLovesMomo Member

@tiffmaxee, @jt and trouble (GA), @Nan & Amber (GA)
    Everything is normal to Momo. She has stool now regularly, like every other day. She is doing good. I actually just researched now the Ingredients after I posted this thread and this is what I found out- the digestive enzyme - Bromelain (was actually taken from pineapple/papaya), the Amylase (wheat/flour). Momo is very sensitive in pineapple & Papaya. Those are the Ingredients that Dr. Marty’s raw freeze dried has- and her sugar spikes when I used to give it to her.
    I have then to stop this, and find an alternative. I always write down everything- such as when did she started to eat her meal with Ez Mix, etc.. so comparing her BG before and after Ez mix- will tell me, that Ez mix is the reason for her higher BG.

thanks everyone

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  6. tiffmaxee

Interesting. So many are using it. ECID. Never more true.

7. MamaLovesMomo

MamaLovesMomo Member

43FDC41A-1C98-49B8-94BA-AEA63FE41C66.jpeg 740ACC79-4ACC-4A72-A257-D52EAA40ED71.jpeg 43FDC41A-1C98-49B8-94BA-AEA63FE41C66.jpeg 740ACC79-4ACC-4A72-A257-D52EAA40ED71.jpeg
    @tiffmaxee, @jt and trouble (GA), @Nan & Amber (GA),

Good morning,

she ate only one meal with the ez mix last night before my thread. After I created the thread and realized the ingredients about pineapple, papaya and flour, I rinsed her chicken with purified water, tried to remove the ez mix from it. I gave then her regular supplements per Lisa P. With the same amount of insulin- This morning, her pre shot went down by almost 100. She is now at 176. Last night was 268. I will see tonight once she eats her meal completely without the ez mix at all, thinking I was late by 35 minutes, because I woke up late. I am pretty sure- 101% it is the Ez Mix. I attached picture of her BG. Thanks
    Thank you all.

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

That’s good to know just in case others have the same issue. I’m glad you figured this out.

9. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA) Well-Known Member

I've been using EZ Complete for over a year and I thought I loved it. I even recommended it to a lot of people, including one here just the other day. But Jack, my sugar baby in remission, has had a lot of gastrointestinal problems, for a very long time. But they seem to be getting worse over the last six months or so. In fact, I'm sitting outside the vet's office right now and he's being examined for extreme watery stools. I've recently been trying to switch him from EZ Complete to another raw food supplement called Alternative Nutrition. It's also low in phosphorus which I need for my CKD fur baby.
    I originally was interested in switching him because he was-- sometimes -- vomiting profusely and I was wondering if it was the EZC. I'm in a raw cat food group on FB, and I know there are some other cats in that group that get sick from EZC. For now, I'm not going to use the EZC anymore and I'm sticking only to the Alternative Nutrition. I'm so glad you figured that out! I think we all have to be like detectives sometimes...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  10. tiffmaxee

@Daddy Jack's Mommy Thanks for sharing your story. I wonder though if it’s from the protein. We do have to be detectives. I’m going to check that out for my two as one has skin allergies and I can’t use EZC because it contains chicken liver and eggs.

11. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

With Alternative Nutrition, you need to add your own liver. There is a big possibility that Jack gets sick from chicken. I'm trying to figure that out.

12. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you Carolyn VERY interesting!

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

@MamaLovesMomo could you add a comment on your spreadsheet in the Remarks section on the day you added EZ Complete, and when you removed it? I'm trying to see if there is a second explanation for the numbers you are seeing. In addition, we'd need to see the blood sugar data for those "about 5 days ago" that you started it. Just wondering if you are seeing something else. Maybe some bouncing?

TC Feline is another premix I have used - you add egg and water, depending on which mix. Some of them you add liver. Some mixes have xanthum gum so you'd have to check ingredients if you have a kitty with GI issues.

14. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

You're welcome! There's just so much to learn...

15. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

IMG_20200829_164747.jpg Here are the ingredients in Alnutrin's supplement for raw food (Alternative Nutrition brand.)

16. Wendy&Neko

If you get a premix where you need to add egg, duck eggs are an alternative.

17. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The Alnutrin doesn't contain Omega-3s which the EZComplete does (green lipped mussels). That appears to be one difference. I was going to suggest the Alnutrin, as well. I used TC Feline some time ago. I switched when they started having problems with shipping to the US. I think that problem has been resolved.

@Daddy Jack's Mommy - If you've not found the Raw Feeding for IBD Cats website, they have a huge amount of information about dealing with diarrhea, vomiting, etc. that are issues for kitty's with GI problems. Look at the tabs at the top of the website. Their FB group is very active and very helpful. I'm a big fan of a probiotic, S. boulardii for controlling diarrhea.

18. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

I recently joined Raw Feeding For IBD FB group, but really haven't been active in it at all. I've yet to see their website.
    Last night, on this message board, I found an old thread (Oct 2017) on tips for diarrhea. Florastor, as an S. Boulardii probiotic, was mentioned for being wonderful for controlling it. Your mentioning it again just encourages me, that much more, to check it out. I appreciate all this information. Thank you.

19. MamaLovesMomo

MamaLovesMomo Member

@Wendy&Neko, @Daddy Jack's Mommy, @tiffmaxee, @Sienne and Gabby (GA), @jt and trouble (GA), @Nan & Amber (GA),

Hello..I took a picture of her alpha trak 2, since it will take me a lot of time to update her SS.
    Here shows the numbers before her Ez Mix and after. She started eating the food with EZ MIX AFTER her pre- shot on 8/25- the @102 ( she did NOT eat foods with EZ MIX YET. You can see the big difference. I never change her dosage of lantus- she is now getting less than .50 unit BID. All foods same- same amount everyday, nothing added, nothing less.
    The @176- after rinsing her chicken to remove the ez mix, but she already ate 1 meal with ez mix that time.
    The last BG- kind of late, I am having a hard time with my lancing device.. IT IS @114- NO MORE EZ MIX.
    Hope this helps. Thanks

Attached Files:

20. Wendy&Neko

Without seeing data in the spreadsheet, with the + times, pictures of the meter don't help much. If you could even put in the week of data, that would help. Plus I think those pictures are all preshots? You need mid cycle data to say how a dose is doing. She could be bouncing from lower numbers mid cycle and giving you higher preshots.

21. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Ditto on what Wendy said. We look for trends on the spreadsheet. Most of us that look at the spreadsheet see more the colors than the individual numbers which is why the spreadsheet is so helpful.

I use either the S. boulardii from Renew or Jarrow's S. boulardii + MOS. The website for the IBD group is where all the info on supplements for IBD related issues is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.