Experience with Libre - can you share

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Michele and Coco Chanel, Aug 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Coco Chanel

Michele and Coco Chanel Member

I'd really appreciate feedback on Libre. I'm thinking of trying it maybe for a couple weeks for a variety of reasons. I've been reading about it online, and the general feeling I get is cats do not tolerate it well. Also, I've seen a couple pictures where, when the device is removed, the skin looks so red and irritated.

Thank you,

2. StarburstMom

StarburstMom Member

My girl has been using the Libre. For us it has been worth it (my girl doesn't mind it, but it does have pros and cons) and if she continues on her current path she may be in remission by Friday (knock on wood).
    If you search the forums you can find a lot of threads about it.

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

4. BonnieBT

BonnieBT Member

I’m pretty new here, but my cat (Harvey) has been wearing one for a week, and I love it. I’m mostly home these days, so I set a repeating one-hour timer on my watch and scan him throughout the day. He doesn’t seem to be aware that he has it.

5. RCB & Mitsu

RCB & Mitsu Member

My cat Mitsu has been using the 14 day. Getting a correct install seems to be tricky. The first sensor we had wasn't installed correctly so we had to turn right around and by another. That second one has been working great for a week now.

What's great and others don't seem to realize, is that you get continous monitoring. It gets a reading every 15 minutes. While you scan the sensor yourself with a phone or reader, once you connect to the libreview website, you can download a csv of the full history every 15 minutes.

A sensor can be scanned by any phone, but only 1 phone can be connected to the site to sync the data. I've connect ours to and old phone, so there's a dedicated one available for anyone to scan the sensor. The reader you have to connect to a computer with the provided cable to upload all of the data.

I was hesitant about it's price at first, but it seems to be working pretty well for us. I am doubting the sensor will stay on the the full 14 days. Mitsu has it on her shoulder now, with a little shirt over it to keep her from scratching it off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.