Dosing for Ace

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ace & Chelsea, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Ace & Chelsea

Ace & Chelsea Member

Hellooo Could someone take a look at Ace’s SS and let me know if I should hold this dose or adjust. I am still monitoring but so far he’s at +9 and still been coming down

Ace has been more tired than usual the last two days and haven’t been noticing him at his water dish and seems to be dehydrated, I’m worried about ketones since he was in diabetic keto acidosis when diagnosed. he woke up last night and threw up food. I fed him water through (oral)syringe and he perked up a little but right back to sleep. Will be getting urine strips when stores open back up since we are having a nasty storm here.
    He is eating normally
    Note that he is on day two of asthma meds
    Is there Pedialyte safe for diabetic cats? And should I get him some? Or should I make an apt with vet

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

No with those numbers you saw today I would hold this dose.

I'm not sure about the rest, perhaps a post in Feline Health would get more eyes? I would not give human Pedialyte to a cat. If he's eating normally, then I don't see why something like that would be needed. Just fluids

Ace & Chelsea likes this.
  3. Ace & Chelsea

Ace & Chelsea Member

Thank you !! Will hold dose. Also spoke with Chris who was a great help as usual :)

FrostD likes this.