? Dosing advise for Ace

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ace & Chelsea, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Ace & Chelsea

Ace & Chelsea Member

Hello !
    I hope you and your sugar kitties are doing well.
    I just want to know if I should definitely avoid the urge to increase Ace’s dose.
    I’m pretty new to this but I think he’s still getting over a recent bounce and I definitely don’t want to make it worse. Should I hold off for now and wait a few more cycles to see if his numbers come down?
    Also, I bought some of the purebites treats, chicken and beef flavour from the advice of other sugar kitty moms and dads. but it seems like they’re too high in carb % according to the calculator and I’m nervous to give them to Ace if they’re going to bring numbers up.
    thanks so much in advance for any feedback :)

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Give him one more day at this dose. If you don't see blue, increase to 1.5U on Sunday.

The PureBites should be fine? They're just feezedried meat.

Ace & Chelsea likes this.
  3. Ace & Chelsea

Ace & Chelsea Member

Ok will do. He seems to be coming down in this numbers today. So we shall see how he does tonight on the 1.25 U again and re-evaluate tomorrow morning

And I thought so too but it says 26 for carbs when I plug the numbers into the the calculator for the beef pure bites and 18 for the chicken ones

4. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Unless you see mid blue or lower tonight, I'd increase to 1.5.

What calculator at you using?

5. Ace & Chelsea

Ace & Chelsea Member

6. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I suspect it's because those protein and fat values are minimums, I don't think the calculator is intended for foods like this. Considering chicken for example - it's basically protein and fat, but each piece of chicken you get has different amount of fat and meat. So if the minimum they found was 74% protein, the fat could have easily been 8-10% or something like that. And flip side, the minimum fat is 3%, the protein on that was probably much higher. If that makes sense?

7. Ace & Chelsea

Ace & Chelsea Member

Ok, I’ll post a pic on the fb page of the ones a bought to make sure they are OK I don’t think i can post pictures on here