Dose Increase?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sugarkitty15, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

Hello,

I'm at a loss. Squeaks was doing SO WELL (greens and blues) but then I tried a new food (just one can mind you that was 2 carbs higher than what he has been getting) and now he's been almost exclusively yellow readings ever since. I'm trying to find some different food options and Squeaks is getting so sick of Fancy Feast. Do you think I need to up his dose to .5 to help with these food changes? None of these new food options are over 5 carbs. Not sure how to do this! (You can see in my remarks column the food and carb content to give context) TYIA! :cat:

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

I don't think it's food-related, the carb amount is such a small difference and Squeaks seemed like he was trending upwards a tad to begin with. It may just be time for an increase in general.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  3. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

Aww ok, so just a coincidence? That would explain a lot. I was wracking my brain over this! lol

4. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

That's what I'm thinking but Deb can chime in if she thinks otherwise. Here's what Dr. Pierson mentioned about her carb chart:

Deb & Wink likes this.
  5. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

OH that's good to know! I must've missed that in my prior reading through the sticky's. Appreciate it!

Deb & Wink likes this.
  6. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

It might not be in the stickies, I referenced it from near the bottom of her 67-page chart haha!

Deb & Wink likes this.
  7. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

OH lol, then that would be why--I don't think I ever read all the way down, whoops! lol

Deb & Wink likes this.
  8. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

The numbers aren't bad. Sure, give 0.5. Insulin isn't a set it and forget it kind of thing. Insulin needs fluctuate.

Deb & Wink and Panic like this.
  9. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

Deb & Wink and JanetNJ like this.