? Dose Increase (Vetsulin)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kelley and Pip, Apr 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelley and Pip

Kelley and Pip Member

Hi,

Pip is off to the vet today for a follow-up. They want to look at the testing numbers that I took and she has a little lump on her side they will be taking a look at (I think it's a fatty tumor. Or at least I hope!). I am going to ask him about switching to Lantus but in the meantime I think she needs a dose increase on Vetsulin. I was thinking of going to 1.5U? Any thoughts? Once we switch the Lantus we would just continue at the same dosage that I was using on Vetsulin correct?

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

You need to get tests in during all the pm cycles if you are wanting to increase the dose. At the moment we don’t really know what is happening in the pm cycles
    When increasing the dose it is best done in 1/4 unit increments.
    I would wait for one of the vetsulin users to come along to help you with the dosing @Deb & Wink
    @JanetNJ

3. Kelley and Pip

Kelley and Pip Member

@Bron and Sheba (GA) Thanks! I will work on tracking the PM cycles this weekend while still grabbing some in the AM.

4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Waiting to see more BG tests in the PM cycle, but it looks to me like Pip will need a dose increase soon.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.