? Do I shoot? 08/08 Milo AMPS 146, .5 @133

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/dosing-advice-needed-08-07-milo.233316/

Milo is continuing to drop without his insulin yet this morning. He was AMPS 146, his lowest yet before shooting him. Half an hour later he is now at 133. He has only eaten a small amount of w/d mixed with raw food. Should I wait another half hour? I have to leave in a few hours and I’m afraid of him going too low.

2. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Milo ate a good bit of raw with a little w/d. He’s now at 167 but this could just be from eating??? His shot was due an hour ago. Is it safe to shoot? I can watch him for the next 3 hours. @Wendy&Neko

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I commented in your other thread.

It's really hard for you to follow if you open 2 threads. It may be more helpful to tag or PM people who have been helpful to you previously vs opening 2 threads. It's just a thought for your consideration.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry no one answered your question. Wendy is on the west coast and not up early in the morning. I can't tell if you shot from the SS. If you skipped, just put NS in the dose column for No Shot. Since it's so late, you may want to just skip. In the future, when you stall you're not supposed to feed so you will know the PS number is not food influenced.

5. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Yes, I see your point; I think that's how I missed some valuable advice earlier. I found I was getting more help on the main thread and someone had suggested I post in both forums. I will try your advice with tagging specific people and sticking to one thread.
    I just worked on my spreadsheet to try and make it clearer. I shot .75U as a token dose to be on the safe side as I have to leave for the afternoon.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

And departing on a sail boat for destinations with no cell coverage.

Frogster, Red & Rover (GA) and AliceR like this.
  7. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Have a great time! You deserve the break!!

8. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

An update: Milo tested at +9 286 so he seems no worse for wear from this morning. He's eating ok and following me around, chirping away. I will start to adjust in 15 min increments back to his 9am/9pm injections. I have noticed it getting harder and harder to get a decent drop of blood from his ears. Is this typical? I've had to resort to using the large pads on his hind feet a few times.

9. Frogster

Frogster Member

I'm far from an expert, but in my experience it is easier to get a decent drop if I warm up her ears a little before poking them. When her ears are cold blood seems nonexistent. And yes, when I see a bigger and darker drop it usually means a higher BG level.
    Your kitties are so beautiful, by the way, I'm crying :cat::cat::bighug:

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha likes this.
  10. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Thank you! I try to warm up his little ears but he doesn't like me touching them so I have to be stealthy and try to distract him. sometimes it works and sometimes I just have to go for as I see him winding up, knowing what's to come. He's a real trooper, though.
    They really are the best cats. So sweet and loving. Milo's best friend apart from Singha,his littermate, is my husky Luna. They adore each other. I have videos of their routine of grooming each other nightly until he got sick. You should put a pic of your guy. Great name![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]