Do I need a new spreadsheet?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Monty's mom Fenjah, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Monty's mom Fenjah

Monty's mom Fenjah Member

Hi everyone
    My boy Monty is on Levemir but he might be switched to Prozinc instead and I was wondering if I need a new spreadsheet is he gets a new insulin?
    Does the colors in the sheet match Prozinc?
    The reason why he might switch is because we were offered to be in a study about cats and diabetes and to be in this study he needs to be on that.
    He got his blood samples taken yesterday and next week we know if he is a candidate to join the study. We hope so because then he will be in a team of people very dedicated to help him go into remission or at least to try and to helt his blood sugar to be stable even on some new dry food mixed with wet food. They have made this food specifically to this study. Monty is struggling eating his wet food because he dont care for wet food.

Best,
    Fenjah

2. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Hello yes the spreadsheet colors are the same. The colors are different from a pet meter to a human meter. Hope you have some luck with the clinical trial. I tried to get my girl in one but I found out too late. May I ask where and what this study is?

3. Monty's mom Fenjah

Monty's mom Fenjah Member

My new meter is Alpha trak 2 and it is different from the one i used a week ago. So is the spreadsheet the same then now that it is a different meter?

Monty wasnt qualified sadly because the bloodsamples came back that he has stage 2 kidney. So they cannot use him but she is helping me anyway with a new feeding program for him.
    Monty is not happy about wet food and for the last many months he has been giving wet food he has not been wanting to eat enough on his own so iv had to assist him eat.
    Now he is super happy because this vet from the study has told us to feed him only dry food Feringa 'cold pressed' and he is so happy about it. He has been eating this the past 3 days and it hasnt changed his bloodsugar. He is still on 0.50 unit twice a day.

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

If you are now using the Alpha Trak the numbers need to be changed on top of your spreadsheet
    The dark green should be BG 68-99
    The neon green should be BG < 68
    So you need to change those two, if you don't know how to let me know and I will ask one of our members to do it for you

I assume you were using a human meter before, those two ones that are on your spreadsheet are for human meters