Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

Hi Friendly Folks,

Squeaky has body dandruff, white flakes. Does this mean anything?

I just googled it, got a basic understanding...... and would like to hear what this group has to say about it. You all know so much.

He isn't scratching excessively.

Thanks a bunch,
    Jan

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Once Squeaky is regulated, his skin and coat will improve.

3. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

That is great news. Here's hoping for fast regulation. Thanks much for your response.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. Elizabeth20

Elizabeth20 Member

Thank you Red, I was just about to post about Lily having dandruff and found this on a quick pre-post search.

5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

You might find that her coat starts shedding for Ireland at some point.

Because unregulated diabetics can't use the nutrients they consume to full effect, the body prioritises functions that sustain life, and a beautiful hair coat doesn't fall into that category. As regulation improves the body starts playing catch-up and sometimes the old coat drops really quickly, ready for a beautiful soft one to replace it.

When it happened with Saoirse her fur would fall out if you merely looked sideways at her. At one stage I was worried I'd end up with a bald cat! :eek:

Mogs

THH & Snowcrash (GA) likes this.
  6. Elizabeth20

Elizabeth20 Member

Thanks for the warning Mogs! My hair fell out when I got pneumonia a few years ago. Poor Lil has been even poorlier than that I think and she's so little. Makes me realise it will take her a while to recover, it took me months!

7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Take a look at China's profile....there are 2 pictures, one from when she was first diagnosed with a greasy, awful, dandruff filled (although hard to see on a white cat) and thin coat.

Compare to about 6 months later. You'd have to be blind not to see the massive difference!...and her new coat was bunny rabbit soft too!

Critter Mom likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Max had it and it never went away, even though tightly controlled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.